• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Douchebag-ness of deep-V necks?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Speaks the dude whose moniker is Saucemaster. ****'s so ghetto, and not even in the good, Old World way.

I'm crazy low class. If I'd grown up in India, they would have had to invent a new caste below "Untouchable" just for me.

Sadly, despite all my lack of class, I'm not all that muscular.
frown.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Cheer up old chap, we like you just the way you are.
thumbs-up.gif

*I didn't mean anything by saying 'old.'*
confused.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
^Cheer up old chap, we like you just the way you are.
thumbs-up.gif

*I didn't mean anything by saying 'old.'*
confused.gif

That's it, I'm taking up soccer.

seamless74

Reaction score
geez,,, trust me ive already figured out that this thread is all about the 4 or 5 of us who work out regularly... and the other group of guys that consider anyone who works out a meathead and therefore devoid of style or any other socially admirable trait... i would just like to say first and foremost its a hobby.... a life long pursuit if you will... to attain goals and shape your physique as you see fit... plus its a healthy lifestlye choice..

but just for the androgenous, converse wearing, obscure music listening, non sports playing, high school loser, 10 pairs of dry denim purchasing... ill go ahead and list some more reasons other than VANITY (which if not taken overboard is a noble pursuit in and of itself in my opinion) that people attend gyms and weight train regularly..

1. good nights sleep..
2. helps resting metabolism.. (more lean muscle less chance of becoming a fatass)
3. marsupials aging process... by well... ( a whole lot of reasons)
4. staying in touch with your body...(laugh if you want but i mean why let yourself just waste away at a rate of i think like 2% per year after age 25 for males..

5. uh.... girls go to the gym too,.,, and they dont really wear alot and their fun to talk to and look at..
6. to wear deep v necks
smile.gif

lots of reasons some of you guys are just a lil bitter from gettin some sand kicked in your face awhile back i think....

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleh, I'm not going to involve myself.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^exhibit A

You forgot great method of relieving stress too. Every time I get pumped it's like I'm *******.

Oh and **** this thread.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just be careful how low you go. "It's getting pretty close to being a vest as it is," Polk points out. "It's, like, another three inches and that's a vest, motherfucker."
i lol'd

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
geez,,, trust me ive already figured out that this thread is all about the 4 or 5 of us who work out regularly... and the other group of guys that consider anyone who works out a meathead and therefore devoid of style or any other socially admirable trait... i would just like to say first and foremost its a hobby.... a life long pursuit if you will... to attain goals and shape your physique as you see fit... plus its a healthy lifestlye choice..

but just for the androgenous, converse wearing, obscure music listening, non sports playing, high school loser, 10 pairs of dry denim purchasing... ill go ahead and list some more reasons other than VANITY (which if not taken overboard is a noble pursuit in and of itself in my opinion) that people attend gyms and weight train regularly..

1. good nights sleep..
2. helps resting metabolism.. (more lean muscle less chance of becoming a fatass)
3. marsupials aging process... by well... ( a whole lot of reasons)
4. staying in touch with your body...(laugh if you want but i mean why let yourself just waste away at a rate of i think like 2% per year after age 25 for males..

5. uh.... girls go to the gym too,.,, and they dont really wear alot and their fun to talk to and look at..
6. to wear deep v necks
smile.gif

lots of reasons some of you guys are just a lil bitter from gettin some sand kicked in your face awhile back i think....

I understand what you're saying and largely agree. As I said previously, most people don't understand the kind of commitment that it takes, or perhaps they do, couldn't themselves put in the effort and decided to bash everyone who can.

I admire even people who juice, like the Cutlers and Colemans, because although steroids might make it easier, they don't mean **** if there also isn't an incredible effort along with taking that stuff.

BUT, my issue is with this anti-bodybuilding androgyny. Let's be realistic: professional bodybuilders are some of the most androgynous guys around. Think about it:

-shaving legs
-shaving armpits
-wearing tight speedos and flexing glutes on stage all oiled up, which other fellow male bodybuilders helped spread on you backstage
-and let's not forget that too much of the testosterone may leads to too much estrogen which causes ***** ****
-shrinking testicles from lack of natural testosterone production
-etc

Don't get me wrong, I'm not reading much into this and even though it's occupational requirements it doesn't diminish masculinity one bit.

But I don't think that androgyny should be a distinguishing factor between bodybuilders (the professionals ones, at least) and those who hate them.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^exhibit A

You forgot great method of relieving stress too. Every time I get pumped it's like I'm *******.

Oh and **** this thread.

Sheesh, such a 'Pumping Iron' rip-off.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm confused, can i listen to obscure music and play sports? I don't play sports in chucks if that helps

whacked- I didn't know about your height. The UF gym really is a funny place to observe people though. The napoleon complex guys getting hard ons watching themselves bicep curl in front of the giant mirrors. The fat girls who just to the bike or stair master on low for 10 minutes a day. The nerds playing lots of racquetball (and being terrible at it). And the 4 courts of basketball that get progressively worse as you go along (the 1st and 2nd court are debateable though as the first court is nothing but black guys who want to ball hog, shoot 3s and call fouls every missed shot and the second court is more guys who played in high school)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Sheesh, such a 'Pumping Iron' rip-off.

You my friend deserve an e-cookie!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I'm confused, can i listen to obscure music and play sports? I don't play sports in chucks if that helps
how obscure is the sport?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I play basketball primarily. A bit of intramural football and ultimate frisbee. I have played a few rounds of urban golf though throughout the whole campus with a friend. I played alright but i just blamed everything on my nine iron. Also i think concrete and mulch always break right

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster

Sadly, despite all my lack of class, I'm not all that muscular.
frown.gif

That's okay. I need gladiators (whacked), but I also need Christians to feed to the lions with(Saucemaster.. also, Drizzt, because Sauce makes a poor meal without some meat).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads