• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Douche v. Douche

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drunk middle-aged attorney enters DC bar popular among 20-something preppy set, gets bounced at closing time, loses pinky finger, sues:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...-bar-accused-of-cutting-off-customers-finger/

I've seen this guy at various social events around DC and I know of the bar. (For the non-DC residents: You need to be on a list to gain admission on the weekend.) Is it possible for both of them to lose?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah. That name looks very familiar but from his pictures I haven't met or seen him around. Anyway, sounds like tough **** for both sides.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTw, how does he intend to prove he lost his finger at that bar if he didn't even notice it at the time?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man how drunk do you need to be to not notice losing a finger? Hard to imagine.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man how drunk do you need to be to not notice losing a finger? Hard to imagine.

In my long experience, you cant get that drunk. He would always have felt some sting.

I've knifed myself while cutting meat at 3am after a night out, burned myself numerous times and had other **** happen. But I've always noticed, even if it was just a slight sting.

The whole story sounds to me like the man just wants cover up his own stupidity and make bank from it too..

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of The Big Lebowski, for some reason.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
He may have blacked out. I've injured myself pretty badly blacked out and had no idea what happened. Not proud.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not a story I would want published about myself.

He was amp'ed up on Red Bull, booze, who knows what else? Also was amp'ed up during the scuffle with his parasympathetic system kicking in. Add all that in with the shock and I could totally see how he didn't notice. Who hasn't gotten into a fight, team sport, etc. and not noticed an injury until after you started to cool down from the intensity?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a friend burn a hole in his finger nearly down to the bone after passing out with a cigarette in his hand. He was on pills as well as booze though.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not a story I would want published about myself.
He was amp'ed up on Red Bull, booze, who knows what else? Also was amp'ed up during the scuffle with his parasympathetic system kicking in. Add all that in with the shock and I could totally see how he didn't notice. Who hasn't gotten into a fight, team sport, etc. and not noticed an injury until after you started to cool down from the intensity?

That's a good point, more the adrenaline etc than the booze.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics