1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Douche v. Douche

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Ambulance Chaser, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Drunk middle-aged attorney enters DC bar popular among 20-something preppy set, gets bounced at closing time, loses pinky finger, sues:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...-bar-accused-of-cutting-off-customers-finger/

I've seen this guy at various social events around DC and I know of the bar. (For the non-DC residents: You need to be on a list to gain admission on the weekend.) Is it possible for both of them to lose?

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Woah. That name looks very familiar but from his pictures I haven't met or seen him around. Anyway, sounds like tough shit for both sides.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

BTw, how does he intend to prove he lost his finger at that bar if he didn't even notice it at the time?

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Man how drunk do you need to be to not notice losing a finger? Hard to imagine.

5. nootje

nootje Senior member

In my long experience, you cant get that drunk. He would always have felt some sting.

I've knifed myself while cutting meat at 3am after a night out, burned myself numerous times and had other shit happen. But I've always noticed, even if it was just a slight sting.

The whole story sounds to me like the man just wants cover up his own stupidity and make bank from it too..

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

Reminds me of The Big Lebowski, for some reason.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

He may have blacked out. I've injured myself pretty badly blacked out and had no idea what happened. Not proud.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Not a story I would want published about myself.

He was amp'ed up on Red Bull, booze, who knows what else? Also was amp'ed up during the scuffle with his parasympathetic system kicking in. Add all that in with the shock and I could totally see how he didn't notice. Who hasn't gotten into a fight, team sport, etc. and not noticed an injury until after you started to cool down from the intensity?

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I had a friend burn a hole in his finger nearly down to the bone after passing out with a cigarette in his hand. He was on pills as well as booze though.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

That's a good point, more the adrenaline etc than the booze.

11. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

I hardly feel anything reading CE these days.

2 people like this.
  12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Also true.