• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doucal's shoes

benchan

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an opinion on this brand? How is it compare to shoes say from Magnanni? Is it worth to spend about 150USD on it?

mayday

Reaction score
I am no shoe expert, but I do have 2 pairs of Doucal shoes. One a casual trainer-type pair that I wear with jeans, and the other a plain black lace-up with chisel toe.

I don't know the other brand you mention, but I think 150 USD is a fair price for the Doucal shoes that I have seen.

Golie3000

Reaction score
I worked at Nordstrom in their men's shoe department for 3 years and I can say that although I only own one pair of shoes by Doucal's (Brown pebble grain boots) that their product is definitely of a finer quality and if you can find a pair of them for $150 you should jump on it because they are definitely worth more than the avg. cost of a pair of kenneth coles.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a minute, I thought you had asked for a comparison to Martegani and just about fell off my chair. I tried a few doucal's but didn't buy because I found them to be too trendy, and marginally constructed. For my $150, I'd rather pick up a pair of new AE's from their ebay store, or something of equal quality.

AlonsoMerino

Reaction score
hello, anyone knows about ducals fit? according to a site they tend to run on a larger fit than most but I wanted the opinion of the forum. I personaly tend to buy 10.5 or 11 depending on brand

Jim Fulbright

Reaction score
I almost always wear 44 in European sizing, but sometimes a 43 is better. For me this equates to my usual 10.5 in U.S. sizing. The 43 plain toes I have from them feel huge at the toe, but not necessarily a full size too large all around. Overall, they're an interesting blend of ideas that look a bit odd to me, but I own a lot of shoes and I appreciate an odd pair from time to time. They are far better constructed than mass-market usuals, but not in the top tier of Italian or world shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads