• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doubt

samurai

Reaction score
Anybody seen this yet? Went yesterday with the family, I thought it was a great film. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, an unbeatable cast. Very relevant, thought provoking material (witch hunt with role reversal), an ending of heavy impact.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I think I am going to see it tomorrow.

I was planning on it tonight; but, the Barnes & Noble next to the theater closed early and I had no other time to kill so I went and saw Frost/Nixon instead.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
so I went and saw Frost/Nixon instead.

What'd you think?

Do you go to the theatre just down the street from Lincoln center?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
What'd you think?

Do you go to the theatre just down the street from Lincoln center?

The only theater in NY I like is the one right there at 67th & Broadway.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The only theater in NY I like is the one right there at 67th & Broadway.

I know there's two right there, one just accross the street and up a block from Juilliard and one downtown by 2 blocks (underground in the big concrete building). I've been to both at one time or another and I think the other is more art house, but I don't remember.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samurai
Anybody seen this yet? Went yesterday with the family, I thought it was a great film. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, an unbeatable cast. Very relevant, thought provoking material (witch hunt with role reversal), an ending of heavy impact.

I saw the play when Jenna Malone and Ron Eldard were in it. I'm interested to see how well it was adapted for the screen and how well PSH plays a suspected child ****** (I'm guessing quite well), but I will probably just wait for DVD.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
5/10. See my review on IMDB.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw the "Confrontation" trailer. Very powerful acting. I will see this soon.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was quite good, about what I expected. It drags in parts but Streep, Hoffman and Adams really save the project. The writing is successful in that it has you doubting (ha ha
rimshot.gif
) Fr. Flynn's innocence in once scene and affirming it in the next.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads