1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Double Monks: To Toe Cap or Not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheTukker, Sep 8, 2011.

Double Monks: To Toe Cap or Not?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2011.
  1. Yup

41 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. Nope

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Double Monks; are you serious?

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I say no to the cap toe on double monks. When you put a cap on the toe of a double monk, you essentially draw three horizontal lines across the shoe. I don't see how that can be elegant. In my mind, no double monk looks better than the same shoe with a plain toe.

Bic

2. SBear

SBear Senior member

For me, either will work well but depend on the rest of the outfit. Being in the 'classic menswear' forum, I'd say yes to the captoe (worn with suits and maybe nicer sportcoat and trousers). Once we get to more country style (tweeds or even more casual - jeans?), then I'd go without captoe.

3. nmguy

nmguy New Member

that is a handsome pair..Killer looking Monkstraps..great style..size..and thats pure ManFeet shoes

4. nmguy

nmguy New Member

Handsome monks..great style