• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Monk recommendations

numberr97

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of casual double monks for 400 or under. I was going to get the AE Mora but they take too (6-8) weeks. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My custom Mora order came in just over three weeks FWIW.

Lucky, its my 8th week waiting for my Moras, and I was told they estimate 2 more weeks for completion. The things we do for double monks...

DrHouse

Reaction score

Those only come in 1 width. No one buys a better shoes that you can only get in 1 width. No wonder so many of you on here are wearing ill fitting shoes
facepalm.gif

IsteRed

Reaction score
^^^:facepalm: dude...just :facepalm:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those only come in 1 width. No one buys a better shoes that you can only get in 1 width. No wonder so many of you on here are wearing ill fitting shoes
facepalm.gif
Lol, what? I understand avoiding them if your feet are particularly wide or narrow, but most people have average width feet so don't need wide or narrow fittings.

DrHouse

Reaction score
Lol, what? I understand avoiding them if your feet are particularly wide or narrow, but most people have average width feet so don't need wide or narrow fittings.

Foot size and width, like IQ, is on a Bell Curve. Even if 1/2 the people had a D width (and I'm not sure of this) it would still mean that the other 1/2 were narrower and wider and would vary going up and down with of course the AAA and EEE being very tiny. But the point is that if you're buying an expensive shoe why would you want to compromise on fit?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Foot size and width, like IQ, is on a Bell Curve. Even if 1/2 the people had a D width (and I'm not sure of this) it would still mean that the other 1/2 were narrower and wider and would vary going up and down with of course the AAA and EEE being very tiny. But the point is that if you're buying an expensive shoe why would you want to compromise on fit?
You wouldn't "compromise on fit". If you need a wide or narrow fitting then you simply wouldn't buy them, you'd get your shoes somewhere else where they do make ones that fit. Not to mention that your assumption that only half of people have average-width feet appears to be pulled out of your ass. I imagine that, whatever the percentage of people with wide/narrow feet is, it is small enough that it does not make economical sense for a smaller retailer such as Howard Yount to produce them in such a variety of sizes. For someone like AE, who makes thousands upon thousands of pairs, it makes more sense to produce outlier sizes to maximise their market, but Howard Yount is not working at anywhere near that kind of scale.

WingTips

Reaction score
Another vote for the lowndes as the 348 last suits me well. however, worth noting that i have a relatively low arch and narrow foot. as ever, not worth taking the risk and saving a few pounds unless you know you can return them easily etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads