• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Buckle Calf Leather Bespoke Shoe

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Hi Frank, No, that is true! I have been abscent for quite some time now, but you know, life is like waves... How about this style for the summer. It is made as a Bespoke shoe obviously, but the style is classic... Uploaded with ImageShack.us

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Very nice double monks. Is that French aniline calf you used on those shoes?

+1 but i'd prefer is with a captoe, but love the last shape

janne melkersson

Reaction score
Hi JP,
as always, very nice shoes!

I am not a big poster my self but it is always nice to see colleagues and friends show their work.

Janne

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J.P. Myhre
Hi Frank, No, that is true! I have been abscent for quite some time now, but you know, life is like waves... How about this style for the summer. It is made as a Bespoke shoe obviously, but the style is classic... Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jan Petter, These are beautiful. Many here won't appreciate them simply because they are Ostrich (and full quill ostrich at that...perish the thought) but as a still learning shoemaker I see them more as shoes than as wardrobe additions. I like them. And knowing ostrich, I know that they are supple and soft...to a degree unequaled by any other leather known to man.

shoefan

Reaction score
JP:

Those monks are very nice.

The ostrich ones are quite interesting. That is one banana-shaped last! I assume the client had an unusual foot(?).
The toe looks really long -- does this client also have very long toes, or did he specify an extended toe? Looks like it is way more than 2 sizes past where I should expect his big toe to end.

Hope you'll be posting more often.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JP,

I love the monk!
Yes, you should post your work more!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
JP,

I love the monk!
Yes, you should post your work more!

yea you should set up a blog or even a facbook page?
laugh.gif

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
The Double Buckled Monks are made in a thin Italian Calf Leather, with a little loose pigmentation, which means it gets slightly transparent over time. Not as durable compared to standard chrome, but beautiful.

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Here is two other styles, rather flashy, but classic after all. Previously, some one made a comment about the banana shape on the Ostrich pair. That is the whole point with Bespoke, the lastmaker makes the last according to the shape of the foot.

Until next time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads