• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Double-breasted summer sportscoats

Terminator

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a suggestion for double-breasted cotton or linen sportscoats for the Australian summer other than, say, RL? I know navy is safe but I'm also thinking cream or a pastel shade? Or is this something I might have to have made up?

thanks

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something cute? Listen here pal, the words cute should not be used in a mans clothing vocabulary under any circumstances.

To answer your question, you will struggle with this off the rack here, I searched Sydney up and down for a nice DB suit and found one at Messini, so a coat alone will be next to impossible.

Depending on your budget Patrick Johnson of suit shop might be able to make something for you for around 500-600 at a guess, but don't quote me on that.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny, I'm actually pulling one out today (gonna be near 80 in NYC and I couldn't give a shit for the "rules"). DB off white linen.

Will C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Mate, a DB - even cotton or linen ones - in an Australian summer is a good idea...

...only if you are staying indoors only. In a heavily airconditioned place.

Get it unlined and it should be alright.

Terminator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Something cute? Listen here pal, the words cute should not be used in a mans clothing vocabulary under any circumstances.

To answer your question, you will struggle with this off the rack here, I searched Sydney up and down for a nice DB suit and found one at Messini, so a coat alone will be next to impossible.

Depending on your budget Patrick Johnson of suit shop might be able to make something for you for around 500-600 at a guess, but don't quote me on that.

Haha, beat me to the punch on the "cute" comment!

Thanks for the input mate. I'm in Brisbane so if you couldn't find anything in Sydney I know that I'm going to be shit out of luck. Next time I'm in Sydney I'll check out suit shop. I had a feeling I might need to head to cloak room up here, although in principal I'd maybe rather fly to Hong Kong myself and get a few things made up at the same time.

Terminator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Mate, a DB - even cotton or linen ones - in an Australian summer is a good idea...

...only if you are staying indoors only. In a heavily airconditioned place.

Mainly interested in wearing it on nights out, so should be right. Would get it unlined though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.