• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Breasted Suits $500-700

nubirth

Reaction score
Besides Spier and Mckay and Suit Supply, is there a brand that offers ready to wear double breasted suits in that price range?

ChasingStyle

Reaction score
These guys at Albert Clothing here in the UK have pretty decent stuff. I recently bought 2 suits from them to test them out and for the price, I'm not disappointed: https://albertclothing.com/product-category/suits/

Charles Tyrwhitt also has some options - I bought my 18yo son a DB suit for his graduation, knowing that it would be a 2-3 times in a lifetime use, and for 300 and a bit of alteration work by an alterations tailor, it was ok. https://www.ctshirts.com/uk/twill-b...usiness&pf=browse#cgid=suits-business&start=1 (sorry, UK site, couldn't access the US site from here)

nubirth

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. Will research those options.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. Will research those options.
Try Oliver Wicks, I haven’t tried them yet but I heard good things about them. Online MTM though. Pini Parma has some sales now I think, you might find something within budget

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a pretty low budget for double breasted. It’s nice to see some makers offering it as RTW, assuming the fit is right.

I would hold off with online made to measure, however, for a DB. The fit is a bit more complex and a bit harder to alter if the fit isn’t right. Stick to ready to wear or if you’re going to do made you measure, make sure it’s a brick and mortar shop that will actually fit you first.

nubirth

Reaction score
That’s a pretty low budget for double breasted. It’s nice to see some makers offering it as RTW, assuming the fit is right.

I would hold off with online made to measure, however, for a DB. The fit is a bit more complex and a bit harder to alter if the fit isn’t right. Stick to ready to wear or if you’re going to do made you measure, make sure it’s a brick and mortar shop that will actually fit you first.

I want to go strictly ready to wear. The main measurements I concern myself with are the shoulder widths, length of sleeves and jacket waist. I should be able to get that with a basic alteration to a ready to wear product.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I tried on a Suitsupply DB once and ... it was not great.

I know it's outside your budget, but The Armoury has some discounted DB suits right now for $1,200 and up. If you can stretch your wallet a bit more, and you're a relatively standard build, I think that has a much nicer silhouette.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads