• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score

Dear @lordsuperb,

What do you exactly mean by "what"?

Can we not have our own opinion? Can we not not have a different taste (than yours)?

The DB suits of the Armoury gentleman and the other gentlemen are extremely nice, but I prefer a higher lapel which is met by a less vertical collar, the latter being in a way closer to the shoulder line.

Not to mention that in this Thread, a zillion of suit supply DB garments have already been posted, which sport a similar feature and welcomed by everyone!

In order to remind the said design to our fellow members, I am posting two images of suit supply DB garments from my image file here below.

Cheers,

Dimitris

PS
I sincerely hope that you did not mind!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @lordsuperb,

What do you exactly mean by "what"?

Can we not have our own opinion? Can we not not have a different taste (than yours)?

The DB suits of the Armoury gentleman and the other gentlemen are extremely nice, but I prefer a higher lapel which is met by a less vertical collar, the latter being in a way closer to the shoulder line.

Not to mention that in this Thread, a zillion of suit supply DB garments have already been posted, which sport a similar feature and welcomed by everyone!

In order to remind the said design to our fellow members, I am posting two images of suit supply DB garments from my image file here below.

Cheers,

Dimitris

PS
I sincerely hope that you did not mind!

It wasn't a matter of taste it was more about the position of the photos at two different angles and you making the case for one collar over the other. I can't tell much from the photos...

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @lordsuperb,

Thank you for your reply.

Well,..., I can. More to that, I would have never attempted such a comparison if I wasn't adamant of the specifics in the case.

Let me post an image of the other owner of B&R wearing a windowpane DB suit in the previous house cut, this time in the more obvious - for comparative reasons - angle; the difference here is more than evident!

Cheers,

Dimitris

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 95

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of had (or seen) success with a DB blazer suit? I'm thinking about commissioning a navy suit with patch pockets, but in a fabric and weave (hopsack?) that would allow the jacket to be worn seperately as a blazer, albeit with navy buttons. Could this work well, or would the patch pockets ruin the suit vibe, while the navy buttons ruin the blazer vibe?

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @9thsymph,

First of all, I would like to ask you about the weight of the fabric, or in other words, during which season do you plan - should you go forward - to wear your DB suit?

Cheers,

Dimitris

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of had (or seen) success with a DB blazer suit? I'm thinking about commissioning a navy suit with patch pockets, but in a fabric and weave (hopsack?) that would allow the jacket to be worn seperately as a blazer, albeit with navy buttons. Could this work well, or would the patch pockets ruin the suit vibe, while the navy buttons ruin the blazer vibe?
I wouldn’t do the navy buttons. I have tried. Doesn’t really work. Looks like part of a suit

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @9thsymph,

First of all, I would like to ask you about the weight of the fabric, or in other words, during which season do you plan - should you go forward - to wear your DB suit?

Cheers,

Dimitris

4-season-ish cloth like something from smith's finmeresco bunch in the 10-13oz range or thereabouts...

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's my concern, but what about this:
I think if you got polished navy corozo buttons it could work but it is not the best option. Kinda like wearing a worsted three piece with a black bow tie to a black tie event. It kinda works (arguably in this day and age works) but there are better options

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me personally it’s more the ‘even if everyone else doesn’t know I would know’

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads