• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having seen pictures of that distinguished gent in SB jackets, I stand by my opinion. And it is indeed a rather subjective opinion.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but I think generally clothing looks better on slim people. Or at least its easier to make clothing look good on slender people.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I last got my double breasted dinner jacket my tailor took out my measurements to show me I have increased by 72 to 84 cm on my waistline...I think he’s trying to tell me something

yanagi

Reaction score
When I last got my double breasted dinner jacket my tailor took out my measurements to show me I have increased by 72 to 84 cm on my waistline...I think he’s trying to tell me something

converts to freedom units

Wow, you had (and still have!) a slim waist.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more of these great pics I see, the more I think that DB jackets are flattering only to fellows with very skinny torsos.
The cream DB does look good, but I (generally) agree completely. It's harder to make fat look aesthetically pleasing...

steveabdn

Reaction score
As a chunky lad myself, the old saying holds true “you can’t polish a turd”.

I bought a Boglioli double breasted jacket in the Mr Porter sale, it’s a jacket I’d loved the styling of and it dropped to a price where it would have been stupid not to. It fastens but not comfortably so. I’m going to have it let out and I’ve been hitting the gym in a big way. Even now though, I am very happy that the jacket itself is very flattering to my shape. Looking forward to wearing it comfortably in the near future

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1566475566338.png

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, I guess you could make a case for Hitchcock having some extreme sprezz, but I think he looks like **** in most of these pictures...

Probably doesnt help to be standing next to Cary Grant, but still.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads