• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is good according to modern standards but he would benefit so much of a bit if drape that one would think if he is not in an affair with one of the Ciardi brothers. He mentions the price in his article and it is complety out of the market. For that price I would almost have something made at A&S and I'd make sure that I am helping to fund those outrageous rents in the west end. Because if someone is willing to pay for that it is worth it no?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is good according to modern standards but he would benefit so much of a bit if drape that one would think if he is not in an affair with one of the Ciardi brothers. He mentions the price in his article and it is complety out of the market. For that price I would almost have something made at A&S and I'd make sure that I am helping to fund those outrageous rents in the west end. Because if someone is willing to pay for that it is worth it no?

The price is a bit much but I read in a foo thread that overcoats are 20% higher in naples than a typical suit.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is a bit much but I read in a foo thread that overcoats are 20% higher in naples than a typical suit.

Then it should be around 2.500 euros or so. Look, if you look at Salmon's first picture and you draw a line out of his contours you will obtain the shape of a very handsome dick. Who pays 5k to look like a dick, even if it is a handsome dick?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then it should be around 2.500 euros or so. Look, if you look at Salmon's first picture and you draw a line out of his contours you will obtain the shape of a very handsome dick. Who pays 5k to look like a dick, even if it is a handsome dick?

I would push back as a long standing customer if the price starts to get obnoxious. But there are people willing to pay that price tag.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried it in the past but I find the collar of my jackets get dirty after a few hours of wear.

A few years ago, I started using one of those Clairsonic face scrubbers. When I started using it on my neck, I noticed that my shirt collars always looked clean after I wore them. I assume it extends their life as well, but who knows.

Terrence O'Connor

Reaction score
Robert Goodman from Esquire Magazine.
EA8219C4-ACC5-41FF-A049-1F9F5F1294DA.jpeg

Marshak

Reaction score

100/200 euros upcharge for a DB overcoat with a martingale at reasonable neapolitans tailors, no more...

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the navy one
IMO a green/brown windowpane would be at its best as a three button SB suit.
(Full disclosure: I own and like a brown/grey PoW double breasted suit)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads