• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would only due hacking pockets on tweed jackets, but YMMV.

Your lapels: too narrow and straight. Contrast with this version, worn by Vox.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before I'm about to have some plain light weight double breasted blazer and blazer suits made in light solids (burgundy, French blue) and was considering adding turnup cuffs on the jacket sleeve, what do you guys think? I think the jackets will mostly be worn in a semi casual outfit anyway, as I plan to pair them with light trousers (offwhite jeans or slacks, tan linen) and wear them for summer/spring, and I'm going to get them quarter lined, so I think the context lets me play with it a bit and add some style details without it being out of place. It'd work well with a double breasted suit the same way cuffed trousers do presumably right?

I suppose if I don't like it I should be able to have them removed anyway. I'll check with my tailor first in any case.

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want to commission a burgundy, double-breasted odd jacket?

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OTM

Reaction score
Are you guys kidding? It will look awesome!

It's spring/summer wear, cmon now.

Isolation, with the shoulders you could risk having it look a little uniform-like with the turn-back cuffs.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You want to commission a burgundy, double-breasted odd jacket?

As a blazer, yes. You sound like it's outrageous. Maybe it is, but I'm pretty set on it. Am planning to use this fabric: http://www.dugdalebros.com/online-shop/bunch-140-new-fine-worsted/8976/ planning to use MoPs, quarter lined, and pagoda shoulders. I think it'd look pretty good with off-white trousers for spring/summer.

As mentioned before I'm about to have some plain light weight double breasted blazer and blazer suits made in light solids (burgundy, French blue) and was considering adding turnup cuffs on the jacket sleeve, what do you guys think? I think the jackets will mostly be worn in a semi casual outfit anyway, as I plan to pair them with light trousers (offwhite jeans or slacks, tan linen) and wear them for summer/spring, and I'm going to get them quarter lined, so I think the context lets me play with it a bit and add some style details without it being out of place. It'd work well with a double breasted suit the same way cuffed trousers do presumably right?

I suppose if I don't like it I should be able to have them removed anyway. I'll check with my tailor first in any case.

I actually think a burgundy blazer can be really nice, especially if it is a well made, single breasted and nice trimmings.

I have turn ups on my suit and blazer sleeves regularly.

Where are you going to get your pagoda shoulder?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a blazer, yes. You sound like it's outrageous. Maybe it is, but I'm pretty set on it. Am planning to use this fabric: http://www.dugdalebros.com/online-shop/bunch-140-new-fine-worsted/8976/ planning to use MoPs, quarter lined, and pagoda shoulders. I think it'd look pretty good with off-white trousers for spring/summer.

I think a burgundy jacket can work. But db, pagoda shoulders, turnback cuffs? I think it will be very hard not to look like in costume.

OTM

Reaction score
I think the pagoda shoulders are at odds with your intention to wear it casually.

If you do patch pockets (+1 for chest patch btw!) and MOP buttons, I think a natural shoulder would be better. That is, if you do not have very downward sloping shoulders and actually need the build-up.

I think it will look very good with white linen trousers, white shirt, navy knit tie and tan shoes.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burgundy is very loud...I would tone everything down if you want it to be a truly wearable piece and not some flamboyant evening jacket worn once a year.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a burgundy jacket, but I have never understood the appeal of turn up sleeves.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is only appropriate on evening wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads