1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Double Breasted Style.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., May 29, 2008.

1. carpu65

carpu65 Senior member

Is close fitting,but the cut is great.
    A wonderful double breasted,
    Congratulations.
    Is bespoke?

1 person likes this.
  2. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

off the rack...its a Kiton and through the help of a very skilled tailor in my area was made to fit right...I feel te more handwork a suit has the easier it is for a really good tailor to get it to fit almost custom made...same thing with my Brioni that I have as well.. Thanks for the words carpu!

1 person likes this.
  3. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Ha, Kiton has one of the best DB of the full thread.

That goes for all who did mock of Kiton on this forum also insulted me, called me fake tailor, fake, troll, or that even i did not exist etc ( you all know the story) ( most were bloggers actually), were i am very proud to have as personal friends and masters some of them, and have started my knowledge with.

Congrats, a top fit.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  4. greger

greger Senior member

SN, looking at pictures on a cell phone, well, the smaller the picture the less one sees. Not to mention I haven't read everything you've written or seen all the pictures you have posted. I couldn't even understand some of what you wrote. Having been around tailoring for over 50 years, now and then, I've seen the good and the bad. Kiton is m2m, so a done deal with a few changes, a guess at fit and done in a way that hides the rest. This is not in the same ball park as tailoring and what the better tailors do. As one person said "a very skilled tailor in my area was made to fit right". So a different ball park. Kiton makes a few styles, which is limited. The best tailors can make most anything. You can't ask Kiton to make anything. So they are in a different category, no matter how good they are in their category. Can't really compare apples with oranges.

Perhaps you could show us what you have made that is tailored and not m2m.

1 person likes this.
  5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Sartonapoli, have you posted any photos yet of DB suits you like (from people on the street, customers of your favorite tailors, etc)?
    I'd like to see what meets your standards

Also, what do you think of Matteo Marzotto's suits? Who is his tailor?
    -------------------------
    Another random image of a DB suit, really like the cut and fit of this one

[​IMG]

6. SartodiNapoli

Hi, The the problem is that i hardly see nowadays a decent DB, if barely the normal jackets are decent, imagine the most difficult to do. Will look on my own pics to see if i can find any, i think i have one or two i took on tailoring houses.

Marzotto, most of his stuff is nice yes. His tailor i think is up North, not Neapolitan, but i don´t know.

See this pic, i have seen recently allegedly Sciamat DBs with this strange pleat around the main button, what thing is this? I am watching this weird pleat on other attemps to DB ( as you are asking me, sadly, that DB seems very good from the breast up only, and sleeves are correctly cutted and sewn on the contrary to his imitator CHIAIA)

The other guys as the one on continuous lapels as on a smoking etc, or the other igent ( who tries to fake he is a tailor, as expossed around) getting other time features as an old pleated pocket with but with pignata´s odd shape, OMG , i guess all this is Sciamat. Also note the word right inferior corner[​IMG]

on the pic, says HYPED VISION, jaja, well at least this people do not try to camouflage as serious classic ones.

1 person likes this.
  7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey sartodi, are you a tailor, or do you work for a designer? I've been reading your posts and was curious what type of work you do in men's tailoring. Cheers!

8. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

9. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

10. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I believe he might be the heir to Attolini, or otherwise somehow related to the firm.

11. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

The damn socks. I can't understand how one would think that this is reasonable, put on some socks. And those pants are just so short I, again, don't understand. The DB suit, how can this be the only guy not wearing a tie? Sure it is a comical color with the stripe so I would guess it was made for a joke but come on. I can't help but to think everyone of those guys needs a slap back to reality.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    2 people like this.
  12. SartodiNapoli

[​IMG] Well said!

Due to those, Pitti is doomed. All those are bloggers, in the pure meaning i meant, with permission of the few good ones that exist.

That is Pitti, it seems some people likes that and insults me, some of you might like to read my post about Pitti and what the industry thinks about here and specially the two prior pages ; http://www.styleforum.net/t/449525/pitti-uomo-87-in-pictures/105#post_7630648

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  13. SartodiNapoli

Sorry, didn´t see this post before for a multiquote.

I am already achieved with tons of effort and humble sacrifice and some years for it, bespoke handmade shirtmaker and patternmaker also tiemaker after , and continue learning High Tailoring for full tailoring, three more years( i hope). All classical in the real sense of it. No designer or fashion.

Cheers!

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

That looks good, LB...except the shoulders seem a little sad; bowing down. Could just be just the camera distortion, though. Otherwise, looks great.

15. carpu65

carpu65 Senior member

Too much large lapels in my opinion.

16. carpu65

carpu65 Senior member

Dege & Skinner.
    Sharp as saber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Agreed..

Too Fordesque.

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Military sharp... Love it..

19. greger

greger Senior member

[​IMG]

These lapels have not been pad stitched yet, nor the facings been put on. There are a number of ways to pad stitch, so a number of ways of outcome. And when finished on the person you might have a very different opinion.

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Fair enough...

Wait and see.