1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Double Breasted Style.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., May 29, 2008.

1. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Best for Sunday, next-best for work, third-best for the garden.

2. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

The Venanzi suit has been tailored. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

It looks like a good suit. Congratulations!

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

5. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Great look...compliments.

1 person likes this.
  6. kulata

kulata Senior member

DB with no tie?

Marzotto says it's OK as long as you don't imitate him
    [​IMG]

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

8. Gianni Cerutti

Well I would say that may be fine even without the double ties. It always depends on how you know bring. I see it well with a turtleneck sweater.

9. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I never think DB with an open shirt collar works, even with overcoats. Time and time again I rather keep my tie on in the bar/pub/restaurant than take it off after work...or look in the mirror after putting an overcoat on and go back to get a scarf.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Lord Mulberry

Lord Mulberry Senior member

I agree with you 100%, it's always gotta be a tie for me and the higher the opening gorge on the jacket, the better IMO. A lot of my mates wear DB suits but it's more of a winter thing; they don't look right open. Quite a few mates are going do the path of having a jacket only made and wearing them with complementary trousers, shirt and tie. Looks great if you can carry it off, sadly I don't have the figure to carry it off these days

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  11. kulata

kulata Senior member

I don't think it's that bad of a look. Starting to like it

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Hi, this is from another member but I can't recall whom does anyone know?

[​IMG]

What does everyone think of it? I really like it and want something bespoke very much like that, though I'm relatively new to tailored suits. I believe to note with this jacket's cutting is the low set buttons, relatively large amount of drop, largish lapels? I'm also thinking perhaps to have it made with pagoda shoulders? What do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Pretty sure that's Claghorn and very sure it's an awesome fit.

14. E TF

E TF Senior member

Yes that's claghorn. Lovely jacket.

15. E TF

E TF Senior member

I agree on the whole, though I came across this picture of Vox in the back of a taxi recently, and think it looks good.

[​IMG]

16. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Yeah thanks for the help, I really love it as well. I'm pretty keen on getting something similar now. I wonder what kind of fabric I should go for for something like that? I don't know my fabrics that well and have traditionally mostly just used VBC and Zegna for worsted but I assume this is a British fabric. Thoughts on making it pagoda/slightly roped? Not sure if it might be too much.

17. E TF

E TF Senior member

You could PM claghorn and ask what cloth that is. Hopsacks and serges are generally used for blazers, there must be dozens or hundreds of options.

Pagodas are not my cup of tea. Bit of roping could be ok. Depends what you want to achieve - what I like about Claghorn's jacket, and the one of Vox I just posted, are how relaxed and comfy they look, how natural. Roping to my mind is slightly at odds with that feel, and pagodas definitely so.

18. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Thanks. I think you're right. Claghorn's outfit to me feels especially good because it seems to strike a balance between being both quite masculine and powerful and yet warm and comfortable as you say, and I think it has a lot to do with the outfit in general too. I do think getting the fabric right is key I am just not very knowledgeable about it. I'll go pm him later I guess.

I'm still quite undecided about the pagoda, I just like it as a personal preference and I feel like it's good for my body/look/situation. I guess I'll just think about it some.

19. Butler

Butler Senior member

Challenge X-post:

Still pretty cool in Copenhagen:
    Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis flannel 2 vent with 18 ounce Winter White flannels - Turnbull & Asser shirt, Hermes pink tie, white silk PS, blue suede tassel loafers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A little something for the "matchy matchy" contingency to bitch about: matching tie, cufflinks a n d coat lining - oh dear :bigstar:
    [​IMG]

and some historical precedence:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  20. Gianni Cerutti

the double-breasted if you know lead is fine even without a tie. for it is beautiful with a beautiful ascot!