• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge has exquisite taste
A4B16880-B47E-4107-947A-97FBBD244BC4.jpeg

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed this thread before the costume party vibes…
Oh not to worry my friend. I also wear business suits. I happen to have a life outside my business hence the “costume” as you would refer to it ….

Besides what could better more suited to a SOUL TRAIN party than costume??

See my friend …. One has to be prepared for all events just in case the Lord Supreme @lordsuperb decides to task them with an assignment …

Alan Bee
B029F392-DF61-413F-8796-7D839D0E6A44.jpeg
909851D7-0FFF-4ABF-8CC5-C9CDCBBBC03C.jpeg
33C50012-9D39-497F-82EA-76413DBD4AB5.jpeg
A9F92658-42EE-450F-B5AD-3B956669959F.jpeg
9B53741F-6D72-45E1-ADCE-B9C2518FA51F.jpeg
90F65963-227C-4C3F-A32E-116FAB182BA6.jpeg

Edmund Dorf

Reaction score
The “best” design? Wtf? Folks, wear what you want - ANYTHING you want. Look good - look bad…IT DOESNT MATTER. But don’t police others! That’s so boring. There isn’t a right or wrong unless one defines clear goals that they miss by their own definition. Otherwise, it’s all just subjective. If I post a pic with a sloping shoulder, having wanted a sloping look, I’m “right”.
they're missing you in TWAT, why did you escape?

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're missing you in TWAT, why did you escape?
Sir Edmund @Edmund Dorf

Of course he can wear whatever pleases him in the privacy of his home. But if he’s going to show it off on a public forum, he should be open to “corrective” criticism.

Policing is someone invading your privacy to offer unsolicited advice. The moment you put yourself out in public, you open yourself up to remarks, constructive or not …

How do I know??

Of course he can take it or leave it ..

Alan Bee

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The “best” design? Wtf? Folks, wear what you want - ANYTHING you want. Look good - look bad…IT DOESNT MATTER. But don’t police others! That’s so boring. There isn’t a right or wrong unless one defines clear goals that they miss by their own definition. Otherwise, it’s all just subjective. If I post a pic with a sloping shoulder, having wanted a sloping look, I’m “right”.

Tastes are subjective by definition and I will agree that there are not "wrong" or "right", but there are things that simply look good and others that look bad or less good for a majority of people. And this is also the reason for which there are style forums: people search consensus for their stylistic choices.

Now, a sloping shoulder is not wrong, and if you have a natural sloping shoulder, it would be wrong in my opinion trying to have a square shoulder in your coat. Nonetheless it's possible in tailoring to mitigate the effect with a construction that works in the opposite direction, instead of following completely the body line.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tastes are subjective by definition and I will agree that there are not "wrong" or "right", but there are things that simply look good and others that look bad or less good for a majority of people. And this is also the reason for which there are style forums: people search consensus for their stylistic choices.

Now, a sloping shoulder is not wrong, and if you have a natural sloping shoulder, it would be wrong in my opinion trying to have a square shoulder in your coat. Nonetheless it's possible in tailoring to mitigate the effect with a construction that works in the opposite direction, instead of following completely the body line.
@DorianGreen

“MITIGATE” …..

I like that …

Alan Bee

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh not to worry my friend. I also wear business suits. I happen to have a life outside my business hence the “costume” as you would refer to it ….

Besides what could better more suited to a SOUL TRAIN party than costume??

See my friend …. One has to be prepared for all events just in case the Lord Supreme @lordsuperb decides to task them with an assignment …

Alan Bee
View attachment 1927145 View attachment 1927147 View attachment 1927149 View attachment 1927151 View attachment 1927153 View attachment 1927155
I thought the assignment was a soul train line?

24FD2331-F2BB-4243-A8CF-1FDC3AA65745.gif
F0172178-C336-4D19-B131-7EF2043F0123.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads