1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Double Breasted Style.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., May 29, 2008.

1. Dogrocketp

Dogrocketp Member

The lapels point to Mars, double fail. Is it just me, or is it currently the style to have jacket buttons and the thighs of trouser seams pulling? What's with the short pants thing? That seems to be the style in most of the last 2 pages, excepting HRH & HRH.

2. Dogrocketp

Dogrocketp Member

Even with the scarf, this is what it's all about!

3. comrade

comrade Senior member

To think the Duke gave up the kingship to be with this haggardly strumpet from Baltimore is truly astonishing.

He was also, knowingly or unknowingly, a Nazi sympathizer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/ja...ation.monarchy

4. kcc

kcc Senior member

While I'm not into the fabric, the silhouette and overall look of this jacket are spectacular.

It looks like there may not be any darts in the front. If there are they are made by an expert hand.

Anyone know the tailor of this?

Its Cantarelli

5. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

[​IMG]

This whole no sock thing has to end. A suit, no matter what fabric, is ment for some type of buisness to which socks are a crucial finishing touch.

6. landshark

landshark Senior member

This whole no sock thing has to end. A suit, no matter what fabric, is ment for some type of buisness to which socks are a crucial finishing touch.

I don't think all suits require socks, but this is one that does.

7. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

[​IMG]

Seriously, this is great.

8. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

[​IMG]

Can someone tell me the name of this guy, some shop owner from Italie if i'm correct.

9. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

[​IMG]
    Wonderfull.

10. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Wonderfull.

I can't help being annoyed by the way the tie is tied.

11. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

Can someone tell me the name of this guy, some shop owner from Italie if i'm correct.
    Lino Ieluzzi, owner of al bazar

12. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

I don't think all suits require socks, but this is one that does.

I just do not understand this. In what situation could one arrive at a meeting in a suit without socks and be normal? This might be some fashion situation but I fail to believe that I could take a person seriously for one moment if they wished to negotiate a deal only to have me notice that he waltzed into my office without socks.

Is this some Miami Vice thing?

13. landshark

landshark Senior member

I'm not talking about suits in worn in a business environment, like the grey one being discussed. I mean casual suits. Made of cotton or linen or some other interesting casual fabric. Worn without a tie, with loafers or moccasins can look great without socks.

14. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

This jacket is Cantarelli

[​IMG]

Here is the link

15. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

I can't help being annoyed by the way the tie is tied.
    It's right for that collar.

16. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

It's right for that collar.
    I don't actually mean the size of the knot; I mean the way the outer edge of the front blade is curved forwards rather than both sides curving backwards with the dimple centred in the middle. Here is an artistic rendition of the cross-section of the front blade: [​IMG]

17. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

I don't actually mean the size of the knot; I mean the way the outer edge of the front blade is curved forwards rather than both sides curving backwards with the dimple centred in the middle. Here is an artistic rendition of the cross-section of the front blade: [​IMG]
    Hey, it's sprezz! [​IMG]

18. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

My present commission with Xavier Custom Tailors of Toronto, with a navy pinstripe 150s wool from Woodhouse. First 2 px: first fitting. [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG] At this stage, a lot had not been done: sleeves not attached, buttoning point not fixed, sides not taken in, pockets not cut and front darts had not been added. I also noticed at this stage that the front was a wee bit shorter than the back and got it fixed. Also settled on length of jacket. For reference, I am 5ft 6 tall, with a 41" chest and 34" waist.

19. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

3 weeks later: [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Button holes done, sleeves attached, also happy with buttoning point. Remembered at last minute the jacket should be ventless but I tend to have a big ass....[​IMG] Plus, from a utility point of view, it means I can sit with the jacket buttoned. Forgot to mention that pants had not been hemmed yet. Final fitting this week. Should have retaken first pic dead on but oh well.

20. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Looks very good, except for the break on the pants. Who is your tailor?