• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Double Breasted Style.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice! those are blends, right?

what are you thinking for buttons?

i’m leaning smoked mop...
The first cloth is wool and silk while the next two are w-s-l. I would do English matte horn buttons but I plan on sitting on the cloth for a while. Getting married soon and may not be able to make lavish purchases for the foreseeable future so I'll be living through you on this one.

Smoked MOP would be a good choice for the blue....

ZRH1

Reaction score
How many of you went from commissioning DBs to SBs due to the pandemic induced reduction of formality? I used to have DBs in heavy cloth suits and SBs in light cloth suits. Jackets are always SBs.

Rithrin

Reaction score
How many of you went from commissioning DBs to SBs due to the pandemic induced reduction of formality? I used to have DBs in heavy cloth suits and SBs in light cloth suits. Jackets are always SBs.
Actually I ordered my first two DBs during the pandemic. But they're more for fun, really (Tobacco Linen DB suit, and a Navy hopsack DB blazer), so still keeping it casual.

Brennenman

Reaction score
I picked up my gray Spier and mackay db during the pandemic and then I also just bought a brown with blue pinstripe db as well

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Just finished to watch En cas de malheur (1958) with Jean Gabin. Plot is the following:
Married French lawyer Andre defends succesfully the case of Yvette, who committed a robbery. He falls in love with her, but she isn't true to him.
Not worth watching (except Pépé le moko in 1937, Jean Gabin was not in many good movies before the sixties, european golden age of cinema) but suits are made from Opelka (Paris).
vlcsnap-2022-01-23-09h26m08s648.png
vlcsnap-2022-01-23-09h39m50s701.png
vlcsnap-2022-01-23-09h44m50s074.png
vlcsnap-2022-01-23-10h17m25s338.png

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first cloth is wool and silk while the next two are w-s-l. I would do English matte horn buttons but I plan on sitting on the cloth for a while. Getting married soon and may not be able to make lavish purchases for the foreseeable future so I'll be living through you on this one.

Congrats (and commiserations re lavish purchases...)!

Frog in Suit

Reaction score
Just finished to watch En cas de malheur (1958) with Jean Gabin. Plot is the following:

Not worth watching (except Pépé le moko in 1937, Jean Gabin was not in many good movies before the sixties, european golden age of cinema) but suits are made from Opelka (Paris).
View attachment 1742092 View attachment 1742093 View attachment 1742094 View attachment 1742095
Gabin was in Le Jour se Lève and Quai des Brumes (both Carné) and La Bête Humaine (

View attachment 1742092 View attachment 1742093 View attachment 1742094 View attachment 1742095
Off the top of my head, Gabin had the lead role in Quai des Brumes and Le Jour se Lève (both Carné) and La Grande Illusion and La Bête Humaine (both Renoir), four films considered to be masterpieces, all before WWII. After the war, he played over and over the same gravel-voiced, tough as nails, old man…not what I would call the “golden age” of French cinema.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats! DB purple tragedy suit for the wedding?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing Steed bros on Wednesday...will order dope shit in your honor...

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members