1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Double Breasted Style.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., May 29, 2008.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ Would look even better as a std 6 x 2

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

^ Would look even better as a std 6 x 2

Oh yes...

3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Brown on SF is perceived as a farmer/out of town colour...

That's just idiotic...

Brown ,especially darker tones of the spectrum, is offering great colour depths ...

I completely agree!

Will just had a guest post on his blog featuring the Gordon Yao DB suit below (click for full size). What do you think of it?

[​IMG]

I think this suit looks excellent.

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

One of my two DB suits;

[​IMG]

so good. if you went with white shirt you would be on some roger smith big o the negotiator industrialist steez

[​IMG]

5. greger

greger Senior member

I just started reading Eric Musgrave's Sharp Suits, and this 8x4 (or 8x3 -- hard to tell) coat totally knocked me out. I don't know if it's the best DB coat I've ever seen, but it sure as hell is the best 8-button DB coat I've ever seen. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a nice coat. To many people follow the herd. So this is nice change.

6. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Been trying to get into something nice and double breasted, but can't find something I want at the right price and size.

7. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Been trying to get into something nice and double breasted, but can't find something I want at the right price and size.

Considered bespoke outta asia? Before I get married (in the next 2 years or so), I'm gonna have a shawl lapel 4 button DB tux made with a deep roll to the bottom button. I saw a similar picture a while back and it was a real knockout. Something similar to the Kiton elsewhere in this thread, but showing a bit more shirt.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Lapo with what appear to be turnback cuffs.

[​IMG]

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Luca overdosing on sprezz.

[​IMG]

10. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

Luca overdosing on sprezz.

[​IMG]

LOL well-put. He's #sheening pretty hard here - the sprezzy-equivalent of a tiger blood, Jameson and coke-fueled threesome with the "goddesses"...

11. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

My first foray into DB...

On the hanger:

[​IMG]

Full monty...snapped in my associate's office (by my associate, bless his heart):

[​IMG]

Chest detail (pardon the rumpled sleeves, I just removed my topcoat, which has a slimmish sleeve):

[​IMG]

Shoes:

[​IMG]

12. zeero3

zeero3 Senior member

Thanks SF!
    With advice from an SFer who showed me a few trusted ebay sellers, I picked up a bespoke double-breasted (made for someone else) that looks to be a close fit. Got it in the mail yesterday and went straight to the alterations tailor (also vouched for by SFers and Will from ASW).

I expected to move the sleeves up from the shoulder and hem the pants, but decided on doing more after looking at it in the mirror with the tailor. Taking approximately an inch off the bottom of the jacket (I know, I know, I'm a little scared, I can't lie!), bringing in the waist, and moving the button stance slightly to have the outer lapel lay more flat against chest.

I know this might sound like a huge overhaul, but I'm thinking (and hoping) it's going to be worth it. Here's a shot of the suit from the ebay pic. I didn't take any pics of the suit in person, but can't wait to update with a few pics of the end result. Thanks SF....

[​IMG]

13. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Thanks SF!
    With advice from an SFer who showed me a few trusted ebay sellers, I picked up a bespoke double-breasted (made for someone else) that looks to be a close fit. Got it in the mail yesterday and went straight to the alterations tailor (also vouched for by SFers and Will from ASW).

I expected to move the sleeves up from the shoulder and hem the pants, but decided on doing more after looking at it in the mirror with the tailor. Taking approximately an inch off the bottom of the jacket (I know, I know, I'm a little scared, I can't lie!), bringing in the waist, and moving the button stance slightly to have the outer lapel lay more flat against chest.

I know this might sound like a huge overhaul, but I'm thinking (and hoping) it's going to be worth it. Here's a shot of the suit from the ebay pic. I didn't take any pics of the suit in person, but can't wait to update with a few pics of the end result. Thanks SF....

[​IMG]

So how did it turn out?

14. zeero3

zeero3 Senior member

I just took pictures. I made a post asking about how to alleviate a simple issue here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=237955 and seem to be headed on the right track.

Here are a few pics. The jacket sleeves may seem a tad short, but I'm wearing an old shirt with over-sized sleeves. Also, I'm already working on fixing the inseam issue (and associated bad break) due to not having buttons for braces.

All criticism welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I just took pictures. I made a post asking about how to alleviate a simple issue here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=237955 and seem to be headed on the right track.

Here are a few pics. The jacket sleeves may seem a tad short, but I'm wearing an old shirt with over-sized sleeves. Also, I'm already working on fixing the inseam issue (and associated bad break) due to not having buttons for braces.

All criticism welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's fine. Shirt sleeves a tad too long though.

16. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

All criticism welcome.

[​IMG]

Hi there...can you raise the camera at a higher position (say shoulder height) to get a better perspective? Picture is taken from an odd perspective (you're reducing viewers to 4 year olds, lol) and hard to judge as a result. I'm thinking that the horizontal distance of the lower 2 rows of buttons could be reduced by 1".

17. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I have yet to get into double breasted action [​IMG] ... someone buy my Hand Made Luciano Barbera 40R Double Breasted Sport Coat in my sig, it's too big for me.

18. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Oxxford makes a dammed nice suit. Too bad I can't iron a collar worth a damn. Or take good photos. [​IMG]

19. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Apart from the divot on the right upper sleeve, that is damned good.

20. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Apart from the divot on the right upper sleeve, that is damned good.

Do we want to open up that can of worms again? [​IMG]