Double Breasted Style.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., May 29, 2008.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Thank you very much... I will attempt to get a snap of me wearing it tomorrow and post it to..

As I'm far from being the biggest db fan on SF, it is a hell of a compliment...

2. Sleats

Sleats Senior member

Always nice to get compliments on our stuff especially when in instances like this where it might not necessarily be your own style.
    I think the key is to not wear it as a suit but to play with the supposed formality of the jacket/coat and wear it in a more casual/trendy way.

3. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

[​IMG]

Very nice. Perfect lapel width and shape.

5. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I guess I'll add these photos to this thread since technically they belong here. Tailor - W.W. Chan (made in HK with basted and forward fittings) Fabric - Smith's gray flannel 11-12oz # 2546 (the same fabric Vox used in the previous page's photo) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Tailor: Peter Lee of Lee Baron (made in HK with basted and forward fittings) Fabric Holland & Sherry fresco 10-11oz #333202 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

whnay - is it just me or are the shoulders on Fred's DB gray flannel Neopolitan in style with the shirring? Is that something A&S did back then?

7. zeero3

zeero3 Senior member

Slew, those DBs look very good. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price range from Chan?

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I guess I'll add these photos to this thread since technically they belong here.

Tailor - W.W. Chan (made in HK with basted and forward fittings)
    Fabric - Smith's gray flannel 11-12oz # 2546 (the same fabric Vox used in the previous page's photo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tailor: Peter Lee of Lee Baron (made in HK with basted and forward fittings)
    Fabric Holland & Sherry fresco 10-11oz #333202

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VERY NICE

9. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

^^ Jacket looks too long to me

Looks like a car coat or peacoat IMO. Are you wearing another jacket underneath?

You guys are baked, jacket length looks perfect. Slewfoot's stuff looks about an inch too short.

10. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

The jacket length looks fine to me, but I'd like to see it button lower.

11. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Thanks guys! I intentionally made the jacket length about 1/2 inch shorter than my SB's as I felt with the additional length there was just too much of a mass of fabric. I also like a higher button stance than traditionally done as I feel it adds a slightly dramatic touch to my tall and lean frame. If/when I get another DB suit I'll probably do a lower button stance just for variety's sake.

zeero3 - I can't remember the exact cost, but it was right in the Chan range of around $1200-ish.

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

The jacket length looks fine to me, but I'd like to see it button lower.

That would be too swarthy and un-Anglo-American.

- B

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

You guys are baked, jacket length looks perfect.
    The hot, browning sun of their native lands do steam their cerebrums within their large skullboniums. The result is similar to a soft boiled egg, a dish favored by the albinic peoples. - B

14. DutchDaedalus

DutchDaedalus Senior member

15. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

My latest no. 1 item to acquire has been a decent double-breasted sport jacket, either solid in color or with a tasteful checked pattern. The best sport coat rendition that I have seen lately has been this version from DS Dundee: http://www.dsdundee.com/shop/product...t_id=11&id=211 Alas, it is sold out, and I really don't know of any other stores to look at. Bespoke is out of the question because I just don't have the funds for it at this point in my life. Sadly, every since Aver went poof in the night, my options for things that strike my fancy have gone by the wayside. All suggestions of good places to start aside from the usual SF affiliates that might carry a good d/b sportcoat are appreciated. All the crap on Gilt lately has been either too short or too ugly.