• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Double Breasted Style.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1337690View attachment 1337691
Hey folks. I recently came into this Sartoria Panico linen jacket. As you can see, the sleeves are a bit long, thus rolled up).

Is the jacket too long? When I look at these pictures the length seems fine, but in real life it looks a bit long (and measures a bit longer than most of my other stuff, which is also all SB.) I think it perhaps looks good in the pictures because by the metrics of hitting the hands/fingers and crotch, etc, it succeeds. But in terms of the splitting-the-body-in-half metric, which my tailor most often uses on me, it is top heavy.

I wondering if I should take a half-inch off the bottom? Thoughts? Suggestions?
The jacket length is fine but for the pants I would go with a longer full cut trouser.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the trouser looks fine probably loafer no socks make it looked a bit shorter than it really is

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if I'm looking for 4 x 1 double breast suit with roping on shoulder, where should I look RTW wise?

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Contributing my first post in this thread: My navy giacca doppio petto trasformabile, which is my latest heist from Prologue during their sample sale.

DE35DC8C-6395-46AD-982E-2C6540CF4681.jpeg

Normally worn as a 6 on 2, as indicated by where the higher button is. You can see that the button stance is quite high. A lot of skirt below the bottom row of buttons.

5A6FB22C-75E9-4253-B84D-A93CD29608B4.jpeg

But it’s also so soft that it can be freely rolled lower to button at the bottom row, becoming a 6 on 1.

Upon a first day wear I think as a doppio petto trasformabile it is a successful trial, partly thanks to the soft but bouncy canvas , partly thanks to the studied cut. The lightweight 8oz Lumbs Golden Bale also helps.

I like that it has some drape across the chest and top arm. Very ample room through the torso, meanwhile still keeping the hourglass shape of waist suppression. I also like that the wide but blunt peak lapels gently point to the extended shoulders con rollino, emphasising the wide shoulders and broad chest (good for Asians like myself whose faces are on the wide side of the spectrum). Overall a long (at the max length a jacket is supposed to be, i.e. touching the 2nd joint of fingers) and voluminous silhouette, and i think it is elegant and relevant.

I would have lowered the height of the gorge (it’s currently too high, pointing bit too close to the shoulder) - that would’ve been more elegant. But hey - a steal of a well-cut and well made full canvas navy giacca doppio petto trasformabile (which is already not something everyone can do); let alone at half price, what can i complain?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.