• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Double Breasted Style.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
Joseph Genuardi recently posted a pictures of two pretty handsome-looking double breasted suits.

Here's a stripey one!

Genuardi Grey Stripe Double Breasted Suit.png

And here's a windowpane one.
Genuardi Grey Windowpane Double-Breasted Suit.png

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those DB’S look great. Like the lapels and the button stance is just right. Think Joseph is doing some of the best work available on the east coast.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Le rouge est mis (Speaking of murder).
Striped DB suit is Jean Gabin
Last picture include Lino Ventura in DB suit.
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-14h34m32s972.png

vlcsnap-2020-01-19-14h36m30s344.png
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-14h37m47s286.png

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live and let Die inspired DB coat, Cashmere.
DSC_9709 copy.jpg

9thsymph

Reaction score
FullSizeRender-8.jpg
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Hey folks. I recently came into this Sartoria Panico linen jacket. As you can see, the sleeves are a bit long, thus rolled up).

Is the jacket too long? When I look at these pictures the length seems fine, but in real life it looks a bit long (and measures a bit longer than most of my other stuff, which is also all SB.) I think it perhaps looks good in the pictures because by the metrics of hitting the hands/fingers and crotch, etc, it succeeds. But in terms of the splitting-the-body-in-half metric, which my tailor most often uses on me, it is top heavy.

I wondering if I should take a half-inch off the bottom? Thoughts? Suggestions?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks good on those photo, I would say get sleeve to be right length, wear a dozen times before you decide to chop the jacket, as you can always do that later

9thsymph

Reaction score
Looks good on those photo, I would say get sleeve to be right length, wear a dozen times before you decide to chop the jacket, as you can always do that later
Yeah, the sleeves are getting done no matter what, but I was waiting to decide about the overall length. However, you make a good point to just start with the sleeves and then get a feel for the jacket's proportions...

Alocin

Reaction score
Yeah, the sleeves are getting done no matter what, but I was waiting to decide about the overall length. However, you make a good point to just start with the sleeves and then get a feel for the jacket's proportions...
I think that is a good plan but based on your photo it looks fine. I also always had the impression that DB’s look better on the slightly longer side than the shorter side within reason of course.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%