• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dormeuil Royal 12?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this book/willing to provide comments?

Was able to find the image below, but not sure if these are old swatches and the patterns are now in-line with the rest of the Dormeuil offerings.

Thanks in advance.

128704262457416206239.JPG

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a suit made up from the Royal 12 book, but it's not recent (4-5 years old, I guess), and the book may have been revamped in the meantime. I haven't looked through it in the last couple of years. The suit I have is surprisingly hard-wearing, made up nicely enough, and has a sturdier feel than you might think just based on the swatches. It does wear fairly warm (I don't wear it in Summer or even late Spring/early Autumn. It isn't showing any signs of wear yet, though my saying that has probably jinxed it now.
smile.gif
The pattern I chose is rather jazzy (purple tramline, of all things), but as your selection shows, they have more conservative options too. Reasonable cloth.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, au say they have a reputation for "jazzy" offering but yet these are sober so it peaked my interest. Will try to get some swatches.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had 2 suits made up from this book 2 years ago. Beautiful colored stripes is what sold it for me

Lightweight summer cloth at 12oz. Or a heavyweight cloth for those who wear it when its snowing

Hard wearing for a lightweight cloth...first time I commissioned a suit without an extra pair of trousers

My tailor in Athens got it for about 105 euros a meter.

I would recommend it. The ICE flannel book (14-15oz) has gorgeous colored stripes too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics