1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dopp Kits/ Toiletry Bags/ Shaving Kits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eml4sker, Jul 18, 2010.

1. eml4sker

eml4sker Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a new toiletry bag and am soliciting recommendations. I did some searching on the forum but noticed this was a topic that hasn't received much coverage.

For the travel pros, what type of toiletry bag do you recommend? Does anyone use 3 ounce sub-containers for liquids/gels?

2. aproo

aproo Well-Known Member

I use a Tumi Toiletry bag. I believe the model name is Alpha Hanging Travel Kit. It is perfect for me. I also use containers for gel/liquids by Muji.

3. eml4sker

4. dron

dron Senior Member

this is my favourite. too expensive though.
    [​IMG]

5. eml4sker

Not sure if it's bad etiquette, but I'm bumping this thread. Really want to figure this out.

6. jim5467

jim5467 Active Member

this is my favourite. too expensive though.
    [​IMG]

Who makes this toiletry bag?

7. Imhoff

Imhoff Distinguished Member

Who makes this toiletry bag?

Would also like to know about this toiletry bag as well. Extremely nice.

8. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior Member

Not that long ago, the folks at J. Peterman were having a very good sale on a hanging toiletry bag similar to the Col. Littleton. And, while I was tempted, my practical side just kept reminding myself what a PITA things have gotten with respect to trying to take toiletries through airports. Not really sure that having to stow everything in the 1 quart plastic bag and then re-stow all of the little bottles and etc. into a snazzy hanging kit at my destination really makes sense. Setting aside all of those who travel via the highways or on cruise ships, a question for those of us who are primarily air travelers: has the traditional Dopp kit or roll-up dhobi set become as doomed as the dinosaur?

9. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

I use a cheap one that is very light and takes up little space. IIRC, I got it from CVS. I've had higher quality ones, but after considering the inevitable spills and weight of better ones, I decided to go the cheap route.

10. eml4sker

11. jessis

jessis Senior Member

I use a Tumi Toiletry bag. I believe the model name is Alpha Hanging Travel Kit. It is perfect for me. I also use containers for gel/liquids by Muji.
    +1 on Tumi

12. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Stylish Dinosaur

13. JoelF

JoelF Distinguished Member

I bought one at Eastern Mountain Sports for around $10 that lasted for 20 years. Recently sprang for a new one, also from EMS.

14. eml4sker

I'm having a hard time digesting the $135 price point on the Tumi. It's all synthetic fibers. What's so great about it?

15. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Distinguished Member

Not that long ago, the folks at J. Peterman were having a very good sale on a hanging toiletry bag similar to the Col. Littleton. And, while I was tempted, my practical side just kept reminding myself what a PITA things have gotten with respect to trying to take toiletries through airports. Not really sure that having to stow everything in the 1 quart plastic bag and then re-stow all of the little bottles and etc. into a snazzy hanging kit at my destination really makes sense. Setting aside all of those who travel via the highways or on cruise ships, a question for those of us who are primarily air travelers: has the traditional Dopp kit or roll-up dhobi set become as doomed as the dinosaur?

Same here. My liquids are thrown in my super secure Kipp liquid pouch and the rest usually gets tossed into an old shoe dust bag.