1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dope Couture Summer 08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DopeCouture, Jul 12, 2008.

1. DopeCouture

DopeCouture Active Member

We should really make a sticky thread called "Post Your Silk-Screened T-Shirts Here"

Probably. Obviously, you are not into these types of graphic tees but I really like your jackets and that white hoody is ill.

2. Hugo

Hugo Senior member

i am feeling both of the female models.

And I would like to "feel" them [​IMG]

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Can't wait to see a hickey-freeman x dope couture collaboration piece.

4. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

And I would like to "feel" them [​IMG]

yesssssiiirrrrr

5. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

How could you only ask for positive feedback?

6. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I'll post a constructive comment...

Look boss... It's real simple here. We like well crafted and well designed pieces that cater to our taste. Our taste is far from t-shirts with large, loud graphics that fit over sized.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dear Dope,

I occasionally allow people to post their new lines on here as long as it is not obvious spam, and they are willing to interact with the posters and readers (and we have a lot of lurkers.) However, you know as well as I do that if you post something really out of the stuff usually on the radar here, you should expect some flack. Just be cool, and maybe you'll get some fans. Who knows, right?

Fok, Styleforum co-Administrator.

8. DopeCouture

I am open to constructive criticism etc, but there is obvious confusion stemming from the term "streetwear." My guy who originally posted this saw streetwear and thought that it was fitting before really looking at the other threads. The streetwear that this forum is on is a bit higher end and sophisticated. I am aware that this doesn't fit next to the paul smith thread. I'm not trying to.

With that being said our t-shirts do have loud and large graphics but they do not fit oversized. They're AA blanks.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Oh dear. That's unfortunate. What ails it? Constructive comment: If you're having trouble understanding the mockery, look at the "What are you wearing today" thread at the top of this forum section. Note the difference between that, and pictures posted in this thread. There's really no point in getting defensive here. Last thing.
    1. Your is the possessive. You're is a contraction meaning "you are". I am not feedback, nor is anyone else here. Don't want to nitpick, it would just suck if you screenprinted something like that onto a set of shirts by mistake. 2. You just randomly spammed a web forum looking to promote your product. Why, in your view, does that entitle you to a moratorium on negative comments? Even the people who pay he website aren't immune from criticism. Why should you be? It's not about whether you're looking for criticism. To be honest, an opportunity to be sarcastic is really all most of us are likely to get out of threads like these when they pop up, as happens from time to time. Apparently you're not a troll, but it can be hard to tell.

10. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

11. DopeCouture

Wow you put a lot of work into that. What ails it? You are a pompous asshole. I made a grammar mistake. You win. Like I said I didn't post this. I rather that this thread be deleted than have to listen to your criticism.

12. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

All the hurt feelings make this thread less fun [​IMG]

13. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

I think that not enough people appreciate the dopeness. Y'all is the wackness... Seriously though, look around at the forum before posting something like this, if you had you'd realize that nobody would give you constructive feedback. We are far from your target.

14. dusty

dusty Senior member

My guy who originally posted this saw streetwear and thought that it was fitting before really looking at the other threads.
    Yeah, that's the problem we have with every person who comes on here and makes his first post advertising his new streetwear brand. Such behavior is inconsiderate to the forum readership, hence the immediate frustration. And this shit happens EVERY DAY.

15. DopeCouture

Yeah, that's the problem we have with every person who comes on here and makes his first post advertising his new streetwear brand. Such behavior is inconsiderate to the forum readership, hence the immediate frustration. And this shit happens EVERY DAY.

I can understand your frustration. I'm not only into graphics tees myself. Let's delete the thread if possible.

16. DopeCouture

All the hurt feelings make this thread less fun
    [​IMG]

haha

17. j

j Senior member Admin

I think I need to start giving seminars on how to spam forums and get away with it.

18. Spintherism

Spintherism Senior member

I think I need to start giving seminars on how to spam forums and get away with it.
    You should post around some forums to get some publicity for a seminar on posting around forums to get publicity (for a seminar on...). It would be like a real-estate pyramid scheme two-point-oh.

19. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I can give a free seminar right now

Read
    the
    forum
    before
    posting on it

The ones who follow this advice are the t-shirt companies we don't hear about.

20. j

j Senior member Admin

See, they don't even have to avoid posting here. They just have to say "not sure if this is your thing, but here it is" instead of all the ridiculous hype, and take criticism properly like an adult would. If you want a brand to succeed, you're going to have to hear the things people don't like about it.

We all know the regular posters, but there are a lot of people who read here and don't post or even sign up. IIRC 60-70% of the people who read here at any time are new. And their taste may not be reflected in the WAYWT microcosm, but they still come back for information on the things they do like. So it makes sense for any brand to want to post here. I just don't understand how anyone expects to get anywhere in life hearing only positive comments on their work.