• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Don't believe he hype...

samblau

Reaction score
Times are tough. I am out of work. I am highly educated and I believe my degrees are not only worthtless but counter productive. I saved some money while working for many years and rather than being depressed I am trying to enjoy the next few months (while applying for jobs) and hoping that things do not get incredibly tight.

At any rate, I decided this week to try a few places I have never been too., namely the famed Milk & Honey and the King Cole Bar in the St. Regis hotel. I cannot believe what a rip the St. Regis was. $20 each for mediocre at best drinks served in a commercial atmosphere. The famed "Red Snapper" the basis for the modern Bloody Mary was of poor quality...the diner I go to includes a complimentary Bloody that is better with their $12 Sunday Brunch. The "Red Snapper" was $18 on its own. As for Milk & Honey, its exclusive and the drinks are quite nice...but after waiting so long, I cannot say it was "all that". The first drink I had was a variation on a Pimms Cup, it was excellent but the next two were uninspired. I wanted a grapefruit based drink and got a typical fruity concoction followed by a stiff drink, an "American Trilogy", that was strong and good, but not something I needed to go to the supposedly best bar in NYC for. To make matters worse, it seemed as though the two other tables (their are only 3 in the whole place) were full of the same typical DB's as every other trendy spot in the city. At $15 a drink their prices were in line with the upper-tier places, and quite frankly for this one experience it was fine. That said, I think I will save my money and simply go to Whole Foods beer section downtown. For the same price as one night out I can get ridiculously awesome beer for two weeks.

samblau

Reaction score
Nah, didnt suck...just the fact that the prices are so ridiculous you expect the best, or at least not mediocre. I mean, $20 per drink + tax and tip. 2 drinks can be $45 - $50!!! I know places in Manhattan where you can get an awesome dinner and a few drinks for that. On Wed I had a burger, an Ommegang and a Six Point for about $30, and it was great! Just not trendy/famous. It was just to cross them off the list. Pegu club, where drinks are $12 has never disappointed me. Even the Modern, where drinks were $$$, was much better, quality and service wise.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40