1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Donegal recommendation for suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Parker, Nov 12, 2009.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Even I thought that the Brest pocket is a tad low but when I compared the top of the patch pocket with the top of the pockets in my other jackets it was in the acceptable range.

I will wear it this season and if it still bothers me aftr that, I will get them change its position. how difficult an alteration is it, BtW ?

Yes, I got it made in Delhi by my tailor.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. dasai

dasai Senior member

I think it looks good made up, but of course if that particular look isn't what you were after, then I can understand the disappointment. I live in the big city, so I prefer something subtle like this...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I don't think it looks bad, and in fact I'm thinking of having a three-piece suit made up in the same cloth.

However, if you're looking for something with a bit more "pop", perhaps you'd benefit from going with a darker brown, more "chocolatey" cloth. I have an odd jacket in a darker, more chocolate-brown Donegal tweed and it looks great.

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Speaking of darker brown, my tailor had a length of this cloth available and initially I ordered this but upon seeing the complete swatch set changed the order to the donegal. Maybe I will get this as well with 3 patch pockets with the 2 hip ones with flaps. They cost 425 USD made up in India so its not a big expense. The problem is that I have run out of closet space ...

[​IMG]

5. NORE

NORE Senior member

I think it looks good and would def work as a suit. Does it get cool enough where you are to wear a suit of that material?

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Its quite light for 'tweed' and it does quite cold in December-January in Delhi. But I am not getting matching trousers.

7. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

The trick with that jacket would be to wear a tie with livelier colors. This goes against the current aspirational orthodoxy of the forum at the moment, but there you have it.

Just don't wear a "suit" tie with that.

8. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hang this in your closet and you'll like it more in 6 months and in a year or two you will love it.Takes a little time to get over your expectations verses experience.

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^what are your thoughts on the breast pocket placement ?

Thanks everyone for your comments.

10. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

^
    Doesn't show up well in the pic, hidden by the shadows

11. gamblor

gamblor Senior member

Any thoughts on this fabric used by Burberry Prorsum, it seems to pop a bit more.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  12. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Could some of you donegal afficianados give me a sense of how visually substantial the flecks are in this Molloy donegal?:

[​IMG]

I whipped out a ruler and it looks like those are some major flecks... it's 19oz fabric, I'm assuming trousers made up in it would not be a good idea?

13. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Looks almost identical, if not identical, to a Holland & Sherry lightweight (360g, as I recall) Donegal that Chan made into a jacket for me. I prize that jacket very much.

14. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Love Love Love