Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Domenico Vacca for Danny DeVito...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SoCal2NYC, Jun 4, 2007.

1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Vacca has designed the uniforms (white tuexedo jacket, black pants, white Sea Island Cotton shirt and hand made paisely ascot) for the staff at DeVito's, Danny's new Miami restaurant.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Are they going to wear those stupid wallet/watch chains that Vacca wears?

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Rumor is that Vacca is opening an Atlanta store.

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

sea Island cotton shirts!
    lets see how long they last.
    I hope these fancy clothes have been coated with Teflon!

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are you serious?

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Are you serious?

Bill, before you crack open the wallet, Vacca has gone to Belvest for his suits and jackets (at least the last couple that I have seen) and his prices are retarded ($4000 for a cashmere Belvest jacket). I like Blevest but not at Vacca prices. I am also equally appalled at what he charges for his pants. The stuff in his stores is nice and he uses colors that most men/stores don't, which I like but you are paying a significant premium for the Vacca name.

7. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bill, before you crack open the wallet, Vacca has gone to Belvest for his suits and jackets (at least the last couple that I have seen) and his prices are retarded ($4000 for a cashmere Belvest jacket). I like Blevest but not at Vacca prices. I am also equally appalled at what he charges for his pants. The stuff in his stores is nice and he uses colors that most men/stores don't, which I like but you are paying a significant premium for the Vacca name.
    I guess I should have been more verbose. It surprises me that Vacca would open a store in Atlanta because of the clothing market, which is a cross section of old Atlanta trad and new Atlanta bling. With a broad selection of Isaia and Kiton at Neiman Marcus I'm not quite sure what Vacca hopes to achieve other than possibly becoming my stop during sales season to pick up his overpriced sportcoats for 40% off.

8. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised by this since Vacca has a following already amongst the Atlanta music scene. LA Reid and Usher Raymond I know are Vacca customers. Not saying that the Atlanta music scene itself would carry an entire Vacca ATL store but he is known among many people that many posters here might not have known.

9. MrRogers

MrRogers Senior member

Vacca's prices are just outrageous for the purpose of being outrageous. yes the stuff is nice but I've but together many similar looks with colorful quality offerings at a more reasonable price

MrR

10. kcc

kcc Senior member

Sheesh I've been out of the loop, but when & why did Vacca stop using C. Attolini?

11. Artisan Fan

Yes. I heard it from several reliable sources.

12. Artisan Fan

I have to agree that the pricing is insane. It will be great fun to see what happens in Atlanta. And Neimans new store renovation is looking sublime so far. I am excited about the new men's floor. They will give Vacca a great run for the money.

I can see, however, it becoming an high end hip hop destination.

13. Soph

Soph Senior member

Sounds like a major cost cutting issue switching from Attolini yet still charging the same......like a bait and switch....what a sham if true.

14. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

That's crazy. And, I didn't know either that he wasn't using Attolini anymore! At such steep prices IMO he will have trouble in ATL.