• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dolce & Gabbana Necklace

darkrain52

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently gotten interested in a Dolce & Gabbana Rosary bead necklace,

(yes...the black beads beckham one)

after doing a hour of research, I still really couldn't tell whether this one is a fake or not.

Is it possible that someone provides an image of the actual, authentic rosary bead necklace by Gabbana? All the image results from google are from ioffer....which i know quite well to be littered with fakes.

So far, I've noticed a couple things...

1. Virgin Mary looks different from the pictures on ioffer / obvious fake sellers / etc
2. so does Jesus
3. Dolce & Gabbana label seems to be printed quite clearly

Link to item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any feedback in regards to the authenticity of the item would be greatly helpful....thanks!

PS: sorry if I did any incorrect posting mistakes.....first post , sorry once again if any.....

twistoffat

Reaction score
At ten bucks does it really matter. To be honest I find them a bit tacky but if you really want rosary beads go out and buy real ones

darkrain52

Reaction score
Originally Posted by twistoffat
At ten bucks does it really matter. To be honest I find them a bit tacky but if you really want rosary beads go out and buy real ones
not that the ten bucks really matter, but I'm highly allergic to poor metal, which is what a typical fake item would be. Not too sure what component I am allergic to, but I do get similar but less reaction from rusted metals.....

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about two gay men making rosary beads.....

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bead necklace with a crucifix. What is supposed to be the difference between a "real" one and a "fake" one? Buy it if you like it. I hate counterfeiting but this is one of those examples of simple products that get stupid-if-not-offensive markups -- like trucker hats (P.S. fuck you, Lanvin!). Leather cuff bracelet? $4.99 from some street vendor. Identical leather cuff bracelet with "D&G" on the inside? $99.00. The Hermes version would probably be $499 but at least it would certainly differentiate itself from the five-dollar variant with something more than an embossed brand name, which is usually all they have to offer at the D&G/diffusion/mall-brand level.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkrain52
not that the ten bucks really matter, but I'm highly allergic to poor metal, which is what a typical fake item would be. Not too sure what component I am allergic to, but I do get similar but less reaction from rusted metals.....

You're likely allergic to nickel (as I am), which is contained in many metal alloys, including stainless steel.

I can wear 19K white gold (my wedding band) and I have a titanium watch (Citizen), and even the watch band will irritate my skin if it's a warm day and my wrist sweats.

Bottom line, if you have a nickel allergy, likely both the fake and the real necklace will irritate your skin the same.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 82 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.5%