• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dolce&Gabbana DERBY FILICUDI shoes FW2010 worthy buying?

couleur

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been eying on these shoes for a very long time. Im not sure whether it is worth buying. I love shoes, and I always buy the ones that has character, not something where every person on the street has.

However im really unsure whether I should touch this pair. I really like it because its all worn out nicely and looks very unique, and I have a Dolce&Gabbana leather jacket that has almost the same colour as it is. But I am still unsure judging from the web images. I live in Melbourne Australia and there is no Dolce&Gabbana stores here, only private seller and some departmental stores carries limited stocks. And I didnt see this shoe and I even doubt they would carry it in because not everyone likes it, this taste for it is very bias and unusual.

What do you guys think? Would it go out of fashion really soon? I seen many shoes in the markets these days that have worn out looks and it is on sale now for $540 USD with shipping.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
It's not my cup of tea, but appeal is subjective and down to your personal taste. It is an expensive purchase and not an investment.

alphaO888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Northampton Novice
It's not my cup of tea, but appeal is subjective and down to your personal taste. It is an expensive purchase and not an investment.
when is any pair of shoes an investment? Buy them if you want them - they will go out of fashion at some point - it's Dolce

Srynerson

Reaction score
You'll probably get better feedback on this particular purchase in the Streetwear and Denim forum.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888
when is any pair of shoes an investment?

I bet JL's annual editions, if kept NiB, would appreciate year-to-year.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Srynerson
You'll probably get better feedback on this particular purchase in the Streetwear and Denim forum.
I seriously doubt it.

Originally Posted by couleur
Pardon me, but what are JL's?
John Lobbs

Originally Posted by Srynerson
I bet JL's annual editions, if kept NiB, would appreciate year-to-year.
Not in my experience (going on eBay sales)

couleur

Reaction score
This can't be street wear, this shoe was featured in Dolce&Gabbana FW2010 advertisement campaign. I think it was the second last image...

John Lobb is a shoe maker, his styles looks too traditional for my taste. I'm just 21 years old..

My favorite shoe brands are by Cesare Paciotti, Dolce&Gabbana and Gucci. I can't think about any other brands, mainly I look for shoes that have character, that are unique, in material and style not the ones that has the same design and style shares by all brands. I only believe in this...

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
I seriously doubt it.

I meant "better" not in the sense of positive, but it the sense of "insightful."

Not in my experience (going on eBay sales)
Well, it was just a guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads