• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOLCE & GABANNA sunglasses

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
This is threadcrapping.

And I don't have a dog in this fight but those are Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses.

Dolce & Gabbana is a company that makes Dolce&Gabbana (note no spaces), D&G, D&G Junior lines. OP posted pics and if you're looking for Dolce&Gabbana sunglasses then caveat emptor, you should know what to look for. That's my opinion.

So if in the thread in your signature, if you had only listed it was Polo, and someone had said "well, actually it's polo purple label" that'd be thread-crapping?

I agree that the "save it for ebay" comment was bush league, but the rest is different imo.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I've commented on this before. I've been a moderator for 7 years in another (unrelated) forum. And over there, if anyone ever came into someone else's thread and posted any form of disparaging remark about a legit item they were trying to sell, they would be warned to stop. And if they continued with that sort of behavior they'd be suspended, or worse.

D&G vs Dolce & Gabbana...You're just playing with semantics. You can try and rationalize it any way you want, but at the very least, this is just plain bad manners... But then again, from what I see all too frequently around here, there seem to be plenty of SF'ers who obviously don't feel that good manners have anything to do with "style"....

Dennis

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
I've commented on this before. I've been a moderator for 7 years in another (unrelated) forum. And over there, if anyone ever came into someone else's thread and posted any form of disparaging remark about a legit item they were trying to sell, they would be warned to stop. And if they continued with that sort of behavior they'd be suspended, or worse.

D&G vs Dolce & Gabbana...You're just playing with semantics. You can try and rationalize it any way you want, but at the very least, this is just plain bad manners... But then again, from what I see all too frequently around here, there seem to be plenty of SF'ers who obviously don't feel that good manners have anything to do with "style"....

Dennis

Huh... Interesting. And what did you do on the other forum who wouldn't talk crap about a single listing, but make a generalized, sweeping statement about the people on said forum? Was there a forum Sedition Act as well?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The OP also said this:
Originally Posted by pg34
Those are D&G sunglasses, not Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses.
Originally Posted by roll400ex
d&g is dolce and gabanna. hence d for dolce & G for gabanna. thanks
IMO, the minimum requirement for a seller is to KNOW what he sells and can stand behind his statements/advertisements. That's not the case here.

Originally Posted by Osprey Guy

At the very least, this is just plain bad manners... But then again, from what I see all too frequently around here, there seem to be plenty of SF'ers who obviously don't feel that good manners have anything to do with "style"....

Dennis

Dennis, I bet you haven't seen this thread.

roll400ex

Reaction score
Its getting to the point where I wish I had not even posted my thread or even joined this forum. The sunglasses are what they are.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Huh... Interesting. And what did you do on the other forum who wouldn't talk crap about a single listing, but make a generalized, sweeping statement about the people on said forum? Was there a forum Sedition Act as well?
It was NOT sweeping... I said there were plenty of SFers...

And I still stand by that comment!

And BTW- Apparently it's worth repeating, we don't ever dump on someone's sale thread (as long as it's a legit item)...regardless of how any ONE of us may feel about it.

And I am still a mod over there. One of the leading knife-related forums.

Dennis

overdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roll400ex
Its getting to the point where I wish I had not even posted my thread or even joined this forum. The sunglasses are what they are.

You gotta brace yourself for a rough welcome when you join a forum and your first post is to sell something. On the bright side, look at all this free press your thread is getting. With the amount of buy/sell threads these days, you're lucky your thread didn't get buried within 3 hours.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
People don't tend to do that here but when someone comes on with his first post selling some commonly faked sunglasses that don't appeal to most people on the board, I could understand a little skepticism/scrutiny. Regardless, we do have a "no critical comments in sales threads" rule, so please, stop now. Also, you are bumping his thread, WTG.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hustlenflo22
They actually made an important distinction that you didn't make in your listing. Nobody's out to get you, just take the advice as it comes...

+1, and don't forget you're the new guy around here. People respect the opinions of long time posters who know their stuff.

The_Game07

Reaction score
Is there a difference in quality between D&G and Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses?

ineffable

Reaction score
I don't think so. Both are produced by luxottica (sp?) if I'm not mistaken; probably to different specifications, but I would bet good money that the difference in "quality" is not too noticeable and they will last you as long as the regular line.

That being said, $150 is a rather cheap price for the glasses (unless on sale, but sunglasses don't really go on sale during the summer...), -- I would probably ask for some certificate of authenticity etc as fakes are everywhere with these sorts of things and although the seller does not seem to be trying to sell a fake, he may be doing so unknowingly. I would be cautious.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Game07
Is there a difference in quality between D&G and Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses?

Imo yes there is. Dolce&Gabanna generally have better construction and better springs from what I can tell. My friend owns a pair of D&G sunglasses and the quality is ok, but nothing to write home about. They aren't pieces of garbage by anymeans. Dolce&Gabanna (which admittedly I do not own and have only seen in stores) have better hinges and just feels sturdier, at least the ones I've seen. Price difference between the two labels is about 100 - 200 dollars. He's asking 75 shipped, which if you like the frames, imo, for D&G sunglasses is still a pretty good deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics