• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dolce and Gabbana shoes

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own these? How long do they last? I just got a pair at one of their outlets. They are brown, and have an elongated, but not at all pointy, toe. They had a tiny bit of creasing and some scuff marks, but nothing I wouldn't have done w/in a week (creasing), nor that good polish won't take care of (scuffs) as they weren't actual scratches in the leather. I figured for $150 down from just north of $600 I couldn't go that wrong. But maybe someone will tell me otherwise.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Dolce & Gabbana seems to have good quality in my experience. If you like the shoes, then you might ought jump for them.

Already done. Only frustration is that I can't wear them tomorrow as I don't have a matching belt yet. Maybe a quick run to Nordstrom during my lunch break
devil.gif

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my pre SF days,when I bought D&G, their shoes had glued soles & corrected grain leather.
crazy.gif
Just wanted to let yall know.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
In my pre SF days,when I bought D&G, their shoes had glued soles & corrected grain leather.
crazy.gif

Just wanted to let yall know.

D&G or DG? DG's quality is substantially better...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have DG (not D&G) wingtips that are going on 11+ years and they are still in immaculate condition despite an odometer reading very high on them. I say wear in good health.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are mainline, not that D&G crap.

fredrik80

Reaction score
Dolce & Gabbana mainline shoes are very good quality, they are made by one of italys better shoemakers, cant recall the name but i know i recognized it when i saw it. I was at one of their outlets outside of Rome, and there was a sticker on a box w/ the real manufacturers name that hadnt been removed yet

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
D&G or DG? DG's quality is substantially better...

Can you please clarify this 'D&G' 'DG' distinction to a newbie please? thanks

fredrik80

Reaction score
There are two lines, "Dolce & Gabbana" (DG) which is the top line and w/ very good quality, "D&G" is the younger label which has a bit less quality.

If it says "D&G" inside a garment or a pair of shoes then it's the "D&G"-line .

People often refer to both as DG or D&G so it can be confusing

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, Fredrik is right. Not only do they have VERY different marketing and pricing strategies (D&G costs about half as much as DG at retail and the target consumer for D&G is about half as old as the one for DG), they are also manufactured by two completely different companies/factories and, for the most part, designed by two entirely different groups of people. I'm sure that Stefano and Domenico have a say in what happens at D&G, but it is largely designed by their team while they focus largely on the mainline.

Also, until very recently, it was manufactured by Ittierre, which is the company that makes many of the diffusion lines in the industry like Versace Jeans Couture, Ferre jeans, Just Cavalli, CNC CoSTUME NATIONAL, etc. All of these are at the "lower" price point for designer goods, but have quality that runs from so-so to just above Wal-Mart.

That being said, from time to time D&G will surprise you. Their jeans quality is amazingly bad (especially for a $250+ price point), but sometimes their coats and jackets aren't bad. I have a D&G pea coat that is one of the best fitting, nicest looking jackets in my wardrobe. The retail was higher than most D&G (maybe $1200 or so), but the quality was actually surprising.

John

Nookitect

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how Dolce and Gabanna shoes fit? Large or small?

I typically wear a 10-11 in Marsell and Moma, and 11-12 in most other brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics