• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dolce and Gabbana pocket badge issues???

shakeyspeare

Reaction score
Hello to everyone its my first post, so be gentle :-D

Hi Guys CAN ANYONE HELP ME???, I have recently purchased a pair of grey Dolce and Gabbana gold plaque jeans, since having them I have managed to skratch the plaque on the back pocket of the jeans. I have been told that there is a way that you can refurb the plaque by a Dolce and Gabbana store (maybe instore or back to Milan)? for a cost of £15. Is there a delivery address or direct contact anyone has for this to be sent too?. I have contacted the London store (UK) with them stating it can be done but cannot do this because they were purchased from Harvey Nichols store in Birmingham (UK) only for the Harvey Nichols store to know nothing about this process?. Any direct email or contact for fixing or re-furbs I suppose? will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Daniel, pic attached, Grrrrrrr

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
(1) This doesn't deserve it's own thread and (2) this isn't D&G customer service and (3) they're jeans and they're supposed to get scuffed up and (4) get bent.

shakeyspeare

Reaction score
OK OK.......Funny man. I See reply's like this all the time.....Great help for a new member. Thats why refrained from putting anything on here at all in the past.

So as far as im concerned NO HELP = heed your own advice and YOU GET BENT.

I dont need customer service as you just get directed to a local store who carn't offer you anything unless you have purchased anything from that store. Is this not a style forum for all questions?.

I was asking this to see if anyone else had done this themselves?. Its more the coating has come away and needs re-coating not just a skratch mark and when this is one of the main features of the jeans pfffft!

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A douche friend screwed my sportive italian leather seats with that crap of badge.

shakeyspeare

Reaction score
I know man, the badge's coating is not the most robust material for the price you pay.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY do you want a metal plaque on your jeans DUDE?

shakeyspeare

Reaction score
Its not like I'm a crazy D&G fan I wear PRPS, True Religions, The Flat Head, Nudie, but the metal badge seems to be a bit of a main design point that D&G has run for the last few seasons its the only pair I have and just was seeing if anyone had a similar experience of giving them a refurb through D&G and a contact?, Is it gold plated like the www.goldgenie.com service?, if you scratched a watch you would get that fixed so why not a major design point on a pair of jeans.

eseanyang

Reaction score
arent DG plaques on the ass? If so what do you expect then? Ur gonna sit on the sooner or later, and they are gonna get scratched. Plus, its not like people are gonna go up to the plaque and check if its scratched or not.

coldforge

Reaction score
Styleforum: Because a watch isn't pants.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Styleforum: Because a watch isn't pants.

laugh.gif

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Get rid of them, they will scratch things you like.

This is why I have passed on several pairs of their pants (aside from the tackiness of the plaque). I also imagine it would be uncomfortable.

shakeyspeare

Reaction score
I do take everything onbord on what people are saying......watch jeans all the same to me when it's a major part of the design in any product. If you like to keep some items pristine you just do......so if know one can point me to a contact other than cs, just call this thread dead in the water. Thanks everyone for the banter and Imput and all the breast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads