• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dolbeau is back and completely changed.

ettebe

Reaction score
I am not sure about the whole politics of Style Forum posting, but I will give it a shot. I want to give you fine gents a heads up, Dolbeau finally up and running again. After many, many months of re-working the website and sourcing even better materials.

I do hope you like our F/W collection that is currently up. We will be posting more products in the coming days and weeks. Seeing there is 10 items up so far and there is 50 more items left to be placed. We will start working on the S/S collection within the coming weeks and will hopefully be up when the Spring arrives.

Bennett Tie

In the coming weeks we will have some of our Italian velvet bow ties, which comes in three colours. We also have a nice selection of ties also. Plus some nice pocket squares, that you might enjoy turning into flowers. Everything is still made to order and in small quantities.

Thank you for your time and hope you like our new products and the new website. Plus if you are from the Montreal area, it would be nice to meet with fellow tie aficionados'

http://www.dolbeau.ca

Last edited:

ettebe

Reaction score
I didn't really want to bump the thread, but wanted to give you guys a heads up. The website got revamped a few hours ago. The videos won't load until you actually press a button, so you don't have to watch anything (won't eat up your bandwidth). Plus the price is more competitor friendly.

Also e-mail / tweet us if you dislike something from the site. We like hearing customer feed back.

Last edited:

Kraken

Reaction score
How does the corduroy ties drape/hang? Do the wrinkles remove easily after wearing? I find this interesting as I don't buy wool or silk anymore and this would offer me a new and interesting texture but... I've never seen this in person and I'm afraid it might be hard to make a knot or that it will have wrinkles/creases set in which will make it look bad after a few wears only.

Has anyone else had experience with corduroy ties? I've never seen this before.

Also, what do you use for the lining and back material of the tie?

Finally, since I live in Ottawa would you allow in person pick-up when I go to MTL?

ettebe

Reaction score
The corduroy ties do hang quite well. The wrinkles do come out quite easily, with a nice quick steam.

The lining at the back of the tie is bemberg. We are looking to switch to something completely different for the the Spring/Summer collection (something more fun an exciting). As for the backing I can not remember the actual name of it, I will have to get back to you on that one on Monday.

Best bet is email [email protected] and one of the David's will help you there.

Last edited:

ZackP

Reaction score
Love those corduroy and raw silk ties. Super awesome guys!

David Gross

Reaction score
Hi "Kraken"

David Gross here ... The corduroy ties are super soft and are made of some of the nicest Italian cotton corduroy. You honestly have to feel the softness ... Pretty amazing

The lining is Bemberg, which is typically used in Bespoke tailoring and like you mentioned is a little unusual to use in a tie ... We think that makes it a little more unique

If you are ever in Montreal we would be more than happy to service you in any way possible

Thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.