1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Doesn't anyone wash their jeans on a regular basis around here?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The Dentist, May 2, 2013.

1. wizzeak

wizzeak Well-Known Member

I usually hold off a while before the first wash but after that I start to wash more frequently. Still don't have set times or anything, kinda just feel it out. I have a pair of jeans right now I've been wearing for almost a year. Plan on washing them this weekend but I don't think they'll fade much (black).

But yeah many people are too anal about washing their jeans. I think the general perspective on it has loosened up over the years though. More people are just like wash it whenever whereas a few years ago you had jean nazis saying 6 months was the very minimum and people crying when it rained on their raw denim (these guys are still around though).

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

Do you think raw denim will stain other clothes if washed with grey or light blues?

3. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

nvm

1 person likes this.
  4. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

I don't wear raw denim. Therefore, I wash my black jeans twice in a month. More questions?

5. Wupper

Wupper Well-Known Member

For some people buying and/or washing denim is like rocket science.

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

I'm sure it can be for many, this is styleforum. Probably for some members, buying and/or washing a t-shirt can be rocket science as well.

7. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

The dentist is a troller stop replying to him already.

8. The Dentist

I'm not. Just because I chose an original name and a funny avatar that doesn't make me a troll.

:p

But uh, if you think I am one or you don't like what I write or you're in a bad mood or for anything else click that little cross at the top of your browser and don't visit my threads. Pretty simple.

9. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

This might be of some use to you. It might give you an idea as to what various jeans will look like without washing, or washed a certain way: http://www.denimarchive.com/

10. The Dentist

Thanks Doc!