• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does your superintendent make over $250,000?

zillka

Reaction score

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Lol, the former superintendent in my area made close to 300 grand a year. The new one makes around 180, which I feel is somewhat justified, given the size of the school district.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
There has been some minor controversy in the SoCal papers recently about the municipal administration in Bell, an otherwise unremarkable little working class city near Los Angeles. Apparently, they've steadily jacked up their compensation over the past 5-10 years to where the city manager is making like $850,000 per year (but, as he points out, he has to pay his own cell phone bill), other officials (like the police chief) all make at least double what their peers in nearby communities make, and city council members get like $100,000 for working about 40 hours per year.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
^Not to be on a moral high horse, but that is absolutely ridiculous, and might I add disgusting.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZhiMingBuFanDe
^Not to be on a moral high horse, but that is absolutely ridiculous, and might I add disgusting.

Apparently there have been protests and such as previously ignorant members of the community have tripped to this. I suspect some of these folks will not have their cushy jobs much longer.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close to $300k, and the public schools here are complete ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads