1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

does your girl share your dreams?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by wilson brother, Jul 19, 2006.

1. kapay

kapay Well-Known Member

Castro Valley, Oakland, San Francisco California
    No my girl and I have quite different dreams. I love the Bay Area and want to pretty much stay here for a good portion of my life. If I move elsewhere it would be Chicago/New York for Graphic Design opportunities or somewhere in Europe like France for the experience. However, it would really only be a few years tops. My girlfriend doesn't like the Bay Area and claims she's from Florida even though she's lived here the longest and has lived in more Bay Area cities than anyone else I know. She says she would be willing to stay if the right reasons came along (meaning marriage) but I wouldn't want her to be miserable her whole life. She has plans of working for NASA in Florida but she doesn't seem very inspired or motivated at the time.

2. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Many have shared your problem, as they make their Thomas Pink kites in the beer garden while wearing Dunhill. Sometimes, we must live a dream that others simply cannot abide.

[​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

wilson, what country are you currently in? Just curious.

4. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

wilson, what country are you currently in? Just curious.

I am in asia but I would rather not say the country..I would like to be judged here as a man not a country if it's ok.

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

I am in asia but I would rather not say the country..I would like to be judged here as a man not a country if it's ok.

yeah, me too.

[​IMG]

6. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

She has plans of working for NASA in Florida but she doesn't seem very inspired or motivated at the time.

There's always a couple of universities around there that do some work for NASA (UC Berkeley, Stanford)- worst case would be the JPL in Pasadena (that's what? an hour by plane...). Otherwise NASA is underfunded anyway. If you do move to Europe for some time lots of the high-tech for the satellites comes from Germany (when it's not form the JPL). So, if you end up in Munich or Berlin she might be able to work on these projects at the technical universites there. Just a thought though...

7. wilson brother

yeah, me too.

[​IMG]

I don't want to comment on this..because I need to pass immigration [​IMG]

8. Stax

Stax Senior member

I don't want to comment on this..because I need to pass immigration [​IMG]
    I wouldn't sweat it. By the time you pass immigration, John McCain will be in his second term.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

what?! sf members being judgemental? what a crazy idea! [​IMG]

so when did north korea start getting internet access?

10. wilson brother

No my girl and I have quite different dreams. I love the Bay Area and want to pretty much stay here for a good portion of my life. If I move elsewhere it would be Chicago/New York for Graphic Design opportunities or somewhere in Europe like France for the experience. However, it would really only be a few years tops. My girlfriend doesn't like the Bay Area and claims she's from Florida even though she's lived here the longest and has lived in more Bay Area cities than anyone else I know. She says she would be willing to stay if the right reasons came along (meaning marriage) but I wouldn't want her to be miserable her whole life. She has plans of working for NASA in Florida but she doesn't seem very inspired or motivated at the time.

I know how you are feeling with your girl..mine is happy just working at her job and talking about a family but she doesn't seem so inspired about that. Its hard when you spend you time on your dreams but the person you love doesn't really have there own dream..maybe that's why she's not supporting my choice because she's felt jealous. I try to include her in all the things I like but the more I do that she's going to the other way.

I am sorry about your girlfriend..and I must say this girl could be crazy to want to leave California(!!)..maybe she wants to work for Nasa to go back to Mars [​IMG]

11. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

Hopefully his gf isn't a native of mars- I'd rather have her plan out a uranus mission and finding a way to get some redwine onboard so she can hang out with the other ladies there and talk about the guys on mars.

12. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I know my dream has a lot of obstacles but I think if my girl gave me support I could climb over all them. Brian Wilson had many problems in his life with his family..I am feeling like i'm a real Wilson when I listen to the song "In My Room" and think about the the things in the lyrics..

Today my girl said I want to go to the US to meet a California girl..I told her that I asked to go together so how can she say this??

I would still like to here from some other dreamers out there..I don't worry about pollution or traffic it's the stuff in the heart thats most important [​IMG]

Hahaha, My ex said I wanted to go to Japan just so I could meet a Japanese girl(which is not true, I wanted to go to just see everything, and go to the Toyota Museum, I love Toyota). You could imagine how pissed she was to find I dumped her and was dating a very attractive Japanese girl.

13. wilson brother

Hahaha, My ex said I wanted to go to Japan just so I could meet a Japanese girl(which is not true, I wanted to go to just see everything, and go to the Toyota Museum, I love Toyota). You could imagine how pissed she was to find I dumped her and was dating a very attractive Japanese girl.

If your ex girl is in California please tell [​IMG]

(I hope my girl isn't reading this [​IMG]

14. kapay

kapay Well-Known Member

Castro Valley, Oakland, San Francisco California
    I am sorry about your girlfriend..and I must say this girl could be crazy to want to leave California(!!)..maybe she wants to work for Nasa to go back to Mars [​IMG]

Haha, yeah I try to get her to do things I'm interested in as well but that doesn't work. Pretty sad when I can't take my own girl shopping. I want to take her to art exhibits as well but she already thinks I'm a nerd for pointing out every corinthian column I see in San Francisco. Imagine being called a nerd by a Physics major. But yeah, she'd rather sit at home and watch a movie.

She probably does want to go back to mars. [​IMG]

15. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

If your ex girl is in California please tell [​IMG]

(I hope my girl isn't reading this [​IMG]

hahhaha, nope sorry man, my ex is an Idahoan *shudders* Northern Idaho