• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this suit work on me?

sorin1991

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here.

Does this suit look good on me? Style and fit? I do not seek perfection, just want an honest opinion. What is good about it and what is wrong with it? Thank you for your input!
IMG_2338.PNG

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For overall fit, it’s not bad. The leg opening is narrow. Nothing wrong with that except that the cuff is pooling. You should have it hemmed just a bit.

Also, the sleeves should be taken up a bit. You should see a good alterations tailor to get this work done.

There are stylistic issues, but not related so much to fit

fred_jones

Reaction score
Hey buddy, this is a very nice suit and fits very well. You look dapper! What is the occasion anyway?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stylistically what I don’t like about it is that it appears to have rather large armholes which would make moving in the suit awkward.

also, though I love peak lapels, they are so wide as to mask the breast pocket. I just hope the trend away from skinny lapels doesn’t lead to freakishly wide.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The fit is fine but I have some style comments. When I first saw the look I thought you were attending a different kind of event. For joyous wedding I'd stay away from formal black suits or at least switch out the tie for a bowtie. These peak lapels and shirt collar are disproportionately large against your frame.

Gru

Reaction score
Looks good but I feel it is missing something. For the occasion possibly a different colour for the shirt?

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the shirt is fine for a wedding. The tie is too funereal

GMcMillan

Reaction score
Have the length shortened so they just touch the top of the shoe.

RJG

Reaction score
You have a lean frame - something most guys wish they still had. I would say choose a tie that's also slightly slimmer than the one in the photo. Or yeah, a bow tie for a wedding would look sharp.

sorin1991

Reaction score
You have a lean frame - something most guys wish they still had. I would say choose a tie that's also slightly slimmer than the one in the photo. Or yeah, a bow tie for a wedding would look sharp.
Yes. This tie is from my father and it is very wide. I would buy a better tie but I am not sure about the color and pattern.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads