• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does this suit work on me?

Clintonjl

Reaction score
Yes. This tie is from my father and it is very wide. I would buy a better tie but I am not sure about the color and pattern.
Here's a video from Parisian Gentlemen that discusses ways to wear a black suit.

Now in the video he recommends a few styles that involve not wearing a tie, obviously don't do this to a wedding, but I do recommend you look at what he is wearing in the video. The deep purple tie and rust colored pocket square do go quite nicely. I hope this helps you.

stefmob6

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here.

Does this suit look good on me? Style and fit? I do not seek perfection, just want an honest opinion. What is good about it and what is wrong with it? Thank you for your input!View attachment 1397129
This Suit is overall very nice from here..fit looks overall good..I'd only make a couple of adjustments with a good tailor..attached my comments, well done!

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.