Does this suit jacket fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GraphicNovelty, May 15, 2010.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Oh wise MC'ers: I just purchased this suit from H&M. My main question is: Is this jacket too small? It's a 38, and I felt like i was swimming in the 40. I have a habit of buying clothes that run a bit small (SW&D refugee [​IMG]). [​IMG] (Also, please ignore weirdness with the shirt and tie, my camera was running out of batteries so the picture was a rush job) I left the tag on, so basically it's riding on you guys for whether I should return it. Besides the sleeves and pants being slightly too long, does it fit well? Of course, this is a H&M suit, so it doesn't need to be perfect, but I don't want to look like a fool. What do you think? Does it fit well? Is it job interview appropriate? Thanks in advance!

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

button it up and take another picture.

3. GraphicNovelty

button it up and take another picture.

[​IMG]

4. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

A back shot would be helpful also but it looks big to me.

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Oh wise MC'ers:

I just purchased this suit from H&M. My main question is: Is this jacket too small? It's a 38, and I felt like i was swimming in the 40. I have a habit of buying clothes that run a bit small (SW&D refugee [​IMG]).

[​IMG]
    (Also, please ignore weirdness with the shirt and tie, my camera was running out of batteries so the picture was a rush job)

I left the tag on, so basically it's riding on you guys for whether I should return it. Besides the sleeves and pants being slightly too long, does it fit well? Of course, this is a H&M suit, so it doesn't need to be perfect, but I don't want to look like a fool. What do you think? Does it fit well? Is it job interview appropriate?

Thanks in advance!

No. I would return it forthwith. It is far too big.

6. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Get a tape measure and measure your chest to find out the jacket size. It looks too big. You probably need a 36 R.

7. GraphicNovelty

I have a 36R already, and it feels too tight. Should I stand up straight or relax? (those pictures are me relaxed)

8. OttoSkadelig

OttoSkadelig Senior member

I have a 36R already, and it feels too tight. Should I stand up straight or relax? (those pictures are me relaxed)

i am going to disagree with everyone else. it looks fine. the sleeves are obviously long, and could be slimmed a bit, and the jacket could be taken in a touch -- but the important thing is the shoulders, which look good. the rest are details.

9. GraphicNovelty

Alright, here's the jacket closed, with me standing up straight, shoulders back. [​IMG]

10. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

It looks a tad big in places, you should have taken a pic with the jacket buttoned, that will change the fit of it some. Teh right sleeve is longer then the left the and the shoulders seem uneven but as I mentioned buttoning and adjusting the jacket could fix these problems.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

your face has such a unique bone feature and hair that i find it funny you just black out your eyes. even with that, i think i can still recognize you in the street due to your facial structure and features.

12. GraphicNovelty

your face has such a unique bone feature and hair that i find it funny you just black out your eyes. even with that, i think i can still recognize you in the street due to your facial structure and features.

I've always figured that blacking out eyes actually allows better focus on outfits for WAYWT-type pictures. Eyes are always the first thing people look at in a picture, so blacking them out is more "me in outfit" rather than "me, i"

Also, i'm squinting weird because my camera's flash is really bright, so there's that.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

14. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

you have a sort of david bowie-ish facial structure/features
    I'm getting uncomfortable...

15. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

Too SMALL? Are you kidding? That jacket (and pants) is too large. The sleeves are too long. The shoulders are too wide. The pants have several inches of extra fabric at the bottom. I'd think about trying on a 36 and taking the suit to a tailor afterwards.