1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does this suit fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SimpleGuy51, Jun 4, 2009.

1. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

It's too small.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

The bottom button closed exaggerated the problem a bit.

Still a bit tight, this is tighter then the model's suit.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

too tight, what size was this?

4. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

5. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

Shoulders are too tight. I love slim shilouettes but when your shoulders protrude from the jacket you are wearing it outside of how it was designed to fit.

6. overdog

overdog Senior member

Just out of curiosity, would you guys who say it's too tight think the suit in the following pic is too tight too (it looks even tighter to me, but I still like it): http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1...6028Ianweb.jpg
    That pic looks slightly too tight in the waist, but okay in the chest. OP's looks okay in the waist, but too tight in the chest.

7. Nuff said

Nuff said Senior member

It looks tight in the mid section. Despite the love it gets here, RLBL is not for everybody and every body type.

+1. This suit makes the OP look pear shaped.

I like the look of the model's suit but it is clearly too tight as well - it is pulling badly at the button.

8. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

And accentuates the fact that his spine is crooked.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

You want a "V", tight by itself is a matter of taste but right now it doesn't look like that, a surprise when you consider how much RLBL is padded. You need something that give you broader shoulder, otherwise you can't see the result of waist suppression, my 0.02.

FYI: I like waist suppression, but not just super slim by itself, because it makes my head look ridiculous big...

10. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I actually like the fit a lot, though I always err on the small and snug side. The model in the RL website wears it slimmer than yours and it looks great to me

[​IMG]

The major difference between the two pictures is that the OP is very tailored in the midsection but then fills out again past the waist. Its more evident in the second picture where the button doesnt pull the jacket together. So much so that the shoulders are almost as wide as the skirt of the jacket which accentuates its tightness. The model on the hand tapers in and stays straight down, creating a Y look. wide at the shoulders and then slim.

11. instep

instep Senior member

If it's a 40R I might take it off your hands. PM me. [​IMG]

12. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

need very slim lithe waist to wear rlbl lol

13. SuitedNBooted

SuitedNBooted Well-Known Member

I would say the size is correct, but you need an L. The first button is too high compared to where it should be (see model pic), so you're getting more of a Thom Browne look there. Otherwise I don't think the RLBL suit (or any other) needs to fit perfectly in order to look good. Notice that it doesn't fit the model perfectly. Personally my RLBL gapes a bit at the lapels, but it looks good anyway.

Also you need the body language to go with the suit - your stance doesn't do it any favours. Try an alpha-male pose like metrostyles.

14. SuitedNBooted

SuitedNBooted Well-Known Member

But if you got it cheaply then it's worth keeping - I suspect it looks pretty good IRL and with a tie. It would help to see a full-length pic.

15. JohnD356

JohnD356 Senior member

Nothing, no matter how cheap, is worth keeping if it doesn't fit.