• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this RL polo shirt fit or should I go with small?

cmrocks

Reaction score
Here's a pic.

colenewshirt.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's perfect, remember it'll shrink too.

metkirk

Reaction score
Too much room in the body. Is that custom fit medium? Size down please.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks fine to me, shrinkage from washing should give it a slimmer fit as well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
RL polos don't shrink as I as I know.

There are a bunch of polos from RL that say specifically that they will shrink and they are sized larger to allow for shrinkage.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
There are a bunch of polos from RL that say specifically that they will shrink and they are sized larger to allow for shrinkage.

Disagree, all the ones I bought never shrink. And even if they do, I don't think the his polo's going to be considerably more fitted. The fit of the polo on him's mediocre considering it's hanging straight from the chest to the waist.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Disagree, all the ones I bought never shrink. And even if they do, I don't think the his polo's going to be considerably more fitted. The fit of the polo on him's mediocre considering it's hanging straight from the chest to the waist.

The interlock polo shirts specifically say on the tag that they will shrink.

I'd have to see what a small would look like, it seems like he has adequate room in the arms but I'm not sure about the shoulders etc. Again, I'd like to see what this looks like after a wash.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'm just thinking the shoulders are a bit too large. The polo will probably shrink length wise but will it really shrink in width?

If I get a small and it fits really well, I can always wash and then hang to dry. I don't have a problem doing that.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing down may end up being too small. You're best off finding a custom fit medium.

xtatic43

Reaction score
we need to see the side profile too. more chances than none, the back will balloon out making it look like a bell. thats the thing i hate about rl polos (even though i have 5 :p)

Wade M

Reaction score
I have the exact same fit on RL Polos!

Decent @ the shoulders, but too across the body. The Custom Fit is what you're after....The right shoulder room, but a more tapered body.

Took me ages to discover the Custom Fit, I'll never go back! I balloon in the mediums across the body, lol.

--Wade

tljenkin

Reaction score
Stick to that size for now, but also consider working on your shoulders in the future.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
Stick to that size for now, but also consider working on your shoulders in the future.

+1
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads