• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does this only happen to me?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, khaki pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently
. Don´t get me wrong some girls just love it when your different to others, but its that whole " omg i cant believe your 21, you look like 27" comment that gets me >

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're doing it wrong.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk.
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, cargo pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently
. Don´t get me wrong some girls just love it when your different to others, but its that whole " omg i cant believe your 21, you look like 27" comment that gets me >

at a "mature" wardrobe including cargo pants.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
lol "cargo" was meant to be "khaki"
, my bad

hobojones

Reaction score
This only happens to you my friend. You are one special guy.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
This only happens to you my friend. You are one special guy.

QFT, most people under guess my age by about 4 years and I dress better than the OP.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Dress well and you should be getting under guessed

tagutcow

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Dress well and you should be getting under guessed

Then I must be one of the best-dressed guys in SW&D. Most people underestimate my age by about a dozen years.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Maybe, or the hair. Or it could also be because virgins have a youthful naivete about them.

Big T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk.
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, khaki pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently

I'm 58 and usually mistaken for being a decade or more younger (in spite of the baldness).

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Bartender the other night ID'd me and said "Well, I should've known with those glasses and that blazer!"

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never get ID'd in bars, I just walk in a tux and boom. Insta-respect.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.