• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does this jacket fit right?

corbu

Reaction score
It feels great in the torso and length wise, but it just doesnt look right somehow. i've never purchased one of these before, so i have no idea how its suppose to fit. the buttons seem a little high and the arms a little long.... or is that how it is suppose to fit? btw, this is only to be worn outside of the office in a very casual manner... so i figured it should be placed here instead of the men's sub-forum.
158317595525_3300Small.jpg
I also have longer legs, which kind of makes the jacket look short :/

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Length seems fine, sleeves are definitely too long.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
jacket looks good overall. I like the high button stance, but that's a personal preference. as drizzt mentions, the sleeves are too long but that's easily fixed at an alterations tailor.

the one thing throwing me off a bit is that one pocket looks horizontal, the other looks angled. it's probably your left arm that's pushing up the pocket position but it seems like each pocket has a different angle from the other.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I agree with Getsmart and drizzt. Get the sleeves adjusted, and definitely get it pressed or steamed or whatever. Without those wrinkles it'll hang better.

broady

Reaction score
Something funky going on with your left shoulder (our right, from the picture)

edit: perhaps it's a poster on the wall behind?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by broady
Something funky going on with your left shoulder (our right, from the picture)

edit: perhaps it's a poster on the wall behind?

I think it's just that he's holding his left arm up to take the picture with his phone.

I agree with the above comments - get the sleeves shortened and get it pressed. The length and overall fit look good. As GS pointed out, the button stance is high, but there's nothing wrong with that if you like the style.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Are the shoulders padded? Although it looks good, I like the jacket's shoulders to end where my shoulders end.

But, as the others have said, it looks good on you. You're just not used to wearing this style, so it'll take some getting used to.

And, of course, take in the sleeves.

corbu

Reaction score
the shoulder thing is because the jacket was very wrinkled. as for the angle of the pockets, they are actually slightly angled downward. hmm, looks like i need to go buy it now
smile.gif

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by broady
Something funky going on with your left shoulder (our right, from the picture) edit: perhaps it's a poster on the wall behind?
It also looks, to me, like the OP is shrugging a bit in the pic. Maybe you could set a camera on a timer, put it on a tripod (or, failing that, on a table with a stack of books), so we can see it with your shoulders relaxed, arms at your sides. Overall looks good (though the sleeves will have to be altered, but that's part of buying any jacket, so it hardly counts as a fit issue). It also looks like that top button is just barely at the point of pulling a bit, like if you gained a pound or two, it'd be too tight. However, with a jacket like this, I'd imagine you'd wear it unbuttoned more often than not, so no biggie. In this kind of color and style, I think trim is better than too large in the mid-section. I have a few jackets that are flat out too small when buttoned, but look smashing left open.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
You need about an inch or so of ease where your jacket is buttoned. And the sleeves are a bit long. Seems to fit otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads