• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this jacket fit correctly? Trying to get a suit ahead of brother's wedding in 2.5 weeks.

moshei24

Reaction score
I bought this suit a couple weeks ago, but I am unsure if I'll keep it. Feeling good about some of the fits, but odd about the jacket length.

For relevance, I'm ~6'2 and have long arms. Tried reading some articles on proper fit, but I'm stumped. I've attached some derpy photos of me in the suit. Thoughts on jacket length? Is it good? If not, is it easily tailored?

IMG_4885.jpeg IMG_4886.jpeg IMG_4887.jpeg IMG_4888.jpeg IMG_4889.jpeg
If these photos aren't clear enough, let me know if a side angle or something else could help with giving advice.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Fit is not bad but it might be too short - looks like a summer sports jacket. Did you try to find your size in long ? You got long arms but your jacket's sleeves are still too long :D

moshei24

Reaction score
Fit is not bad but it might be too short - looks like a summer sports jacket. Did you try to find your size in long ? You got long arms but your jacket's sleeves are still too long :D
Oh, wow. The jacket might be too short? I thought if anything it was too long, and that it should be maybe a half inch higher up so to be between mid and lower crotch area. But I also haven't bought a suit in 6 years. This is a 42L.

Here's two more pic from when I tried on in the store with better lighting that might be able to gauge better off of.

IMG_2958.jpg IMG_2959.jpg

Sfroide3

Reaction score
As I said, it's a good fit overall. It looks way better with a shirt. According to your hands the length is good. You will need to shorten the sleeves and hem the pants. From what we see on the pictures there might already be a little tension on the belly so I would be careful with taking in the jacket. There is also some horizonzal creasing on your back that is a bigger concern. There is a few threads about this kind of creasing and alterations that can be done.

I think everything depends on the money you want/can invest into that suit. I would try a few different ones to see if different fit and brand can get rid of these creasing before thinking about alterations.

radio3

Reaction score
Length should go to middle of crotch for 6 foot and under and can go a little lower for guys who are taller.

Alexography

Reaction score
Hi,

The arms are too long, they need to sit around your wrist bone with your arms relaxed by your sides. The jacket length is ok. I wear a shorter jacket for a more modern look, but the overall fit is good.

It's a standard looking tailored shape, you could go for a more fitted approach to look more elegant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads