Does this Barbour jacket look too big on me?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dthomas86, Oct 11, 2015.

1. dthomas86

dthomas86 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and quite rubbish at cloth sizing. I've recently bought a Beaufort in sizes 38 and 40 to send one back. The 40 was way too big and thought I settled with the 38 (my chest size is 38 but I wear a 40 - as it is a skinny fit Harris Tweed jacket which I think is a really good fit).

I am still undecided as whether the 38 is too large and whether I should send it back and get a 36, so I have taken a photo for you guys to aid me.

Excuse the mess in the photo. It was taken in my girlfriend's mum's art and craft room ha[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

2. dthomas86

dthomas86 Member

Sorry can anyone give me any advice as I will have to send the jacket back if a lower size would be recommended by you guys.

Ps Sorry for being a pain.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

3. dthomas86

dthomas86 Member

4. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

my $.02

sleeves look ok. but I always gauge a jacket fit by:
    1)seeing how much I can pull the jacket away from my chest to determine the amount of volume there is, and

2)I always wear something like a hoodie or sweater of some sort to get a better idea of above 1.

YMMV but try posting up in SW&D, probably get more response as opposed to classic

5. dthomas86

dthomas86 Member

Thank you Emidyl for your feedback. How can I repost this to SW&D as you suggested?

6. chizhang001001

chizhang001001 Senior member

it looks fine, if you size down to 36, the sleeve is gonna be too short. And the coat is designed to be roomy