• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does The Sutton Prestige Line Run Short

lutfa

Reaction score
My question is specificlly on the fit of this particular line .Wether or not it,s running short and narrow and or wide.If possible pictures. My main interest is the cap toe with questionable star medallion.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't heard of Sutton. Do you have a link?

waldo pepper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lutfa
My question is specificlly on the fit of this particular line .Wether or not it,s running short and narrow and or wide.If possible pictures. My main interest is the cap toe with questionable star medallion.

I find if anything it runs a little long.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't heard of Sutton. Do you have a link?

Sutton is JL model. I believe this is what lutfa is talking about?
86_1_b.JPG

lutfa - It's on the 8000 last, so you should be able to compare the fit with other 8000-based JLs...

lutfa

Reaction score
This is the exactly shoe I,m taking about.When I spoke to a sales rep I was told it was a new last. Thats why I thought I should double check.He relayed to me that it,s running short. This is a possible link for a picture.www.upper-shoes.com

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the exactly shoe I,m taking about.When I spoke to a sales rep I was told it was a new last. Thats why I thought I should double check

Nick at modern-vintage is selling one right now and indicates it is on the 8000. It does looks like the 8000 to me but you may want to double-check...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunning-New-Joh...QQcmdZViewItem

waldo pepper

Reaction score
This is the exactly shoe I,m taking about.When I spoke to a sales rep I was told it was a new last. Thats why I thought I should double check.He relayed to me that it,s running short. This is a possible link for a picture.www.upper-shoes.com

It is the 8000.The Langton is on the new last the 1105.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Sutton is JL model. I believe this is what lutfa is talking about?
86_1_b.JPG

lutfa - It's on the 8000 last, so you should be able to compare the fit with other 8000-based JLs...

Ah, thanks. That's the only one I came up with. I thought he was referring to a "line" of shoes.

lutfa

Reaction score
How wouldthe fit be in comparison to EG 888. What size would you were in EG 888 vs this 8000 last.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How wouldthe fit be in comparison to EG 888. What size would you were in EG 888 vs this 8000 last.

I wear UK10E in both

lutfa

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your response exactley what I needed to know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads