Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does the patrick james store still exist?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Mar 19, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Patrick James store is still around or if it went out of business and when. I recently acquired some things I like that has their tags on it. Perhaps it went out years ago?

2. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

One of their stores is still in downtown San Francisco.

3. acole

acole Senior member

Although I've never been inside, there's still one in the Town & Country Mall at Embarcadero & El Camino in Palo Alto...very recently my wife coaxed me out to the ColdStone Creamery there, then window shopping.  [It was suitably awful ice cream for a strikingly ugly mall--I can't understand what makes ColdStone so popular.  I think their base ingredient is synthetic almond or vanilla extract, measured by the liter.]

I was a bit surprised when we got to PJ, actually.  I'd heard their commercials on radio for years, dripping with upscale gloss ("puhh-veyors to gentlemen," etc.)  The window-full of Tommy Bahama and Allen Edmonds I saw there doesn't quite fulfill that image, IMO--it's about as exclusive as Nordstrom's (obSeinfeld: not that there's anything wrong with that).  What else do they carry?

Adam C.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

They have 15 stores in Northern and Southern California, and one in AZ as well. www.patrickjames.com.

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yep. It's the only halfway decent Men's store in San Luis Obispo. Allen Edmonds, Abboud, H Freeman, XMI ties etc. Nothing to blow your socks off but much better than the Gottschalks fare that is the norm here.