• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does the color of the watch have to match the shoes?

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always pondered on this question, as a watch is not as visible as the belt.

If so, which after-market leather maker should I look into for straps?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by 'have to.' The rule is to match leathers. I'm not too anal about it--not mixing black and brown or anything, but different browns are fine and I have a blue watch band that's fine with browns as well. Can't help you on pimpin your ride though, sorry.

Tom

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
I have always pondered on this question, as a watch is not as visible as the belt.
Actually, I think the watch is usually more visible than a belt. The belt will only be visible if you remove our jacket and have no vest (you never do that, right?).

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame

If so, which after-market leather maker should I look into for straps?

Theoretically, yes.
In reality, I find myself wearing a brown strapped-JLC all the time with black shoes- and I'm happy with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads